Dreamer (Part 2)

L had went back to bed. I sat in my chair and stared out the window at the night sky.

I let out a sigh as I glanced over at him sleeping so peacefully.

I did still want to get out of here and fulfil my dreams but I felt bad for L so I decided to stick around for a little longer. He really needs me.

I was gonna go back to bed but I got a little thirsty so I stepped out the room and went to get a glass of milk.

As I was doing that in the kitchen area, I heard footsteps getting closer.

'Did someone hear me? Have I woke someone up? To be honest, I shouldn't be in here by myself...'

I took the glass of milk and stepped out of the kitchen area to see who was there and almost jumped at the sight of Watari.

"(Y/N). You're here. Why aren't you asleep?"

"I was just getting-"

"It's a good thing you're not sleeping because I have some news for you."

"Huh?" He didn't even let me finish answering his question...

"We've had a run in with your parents..."

"What?!"

"I know this may seem very confusing since Wammy's House is shut out to the public and all, but somehow your parents managed to locate it. I do know you're parents were smart investigators too but I never thought they would look into Wammy's House."

I was so confused. What the hell did this mean?

"Why are you telling me this? What's going on Watari?"

The man sighed and fixed his glasses.

"You're parents want to take you back..."

That sentence made me freeze like a statue. Why? Why did they want to take me back? And why now?! After all these years...

"I don't understand why they want to take me back now..." I state.

"We don't understand either but we have no choice. They're your parents. They have the right."

I slowly look down at the floor, gripping tightly onto the class of milk in my hands.

"You'll have to pack all your things and leave the orphanage (Y/N)" Watari said to me.

"What?!" My eyes widened.

"I'm sorry, but this is all I can say for now. Your parents are patiently waiting outside for you. I'll take you to them and then I'll pack your things for you."

Watari grabbed my arm gently and tried to take me to where my parents were, making me drop my glass of milk.

"Wait! This is so sudden!"

I started to thrash and try to break free of Watari's grip but I couldn't...

I didn't want to go just now! I promised L I'd stay around for just a little while longer!

"Watari! No!" I cry.

"I'm sorry (Y/N) but there is nothing the orphanage can do. Please don't fight back..." he said sadly and pulled me away.

As we were walking down the orphanage, we turned a corner and headed for the entrance. There, I spotted two familiar faces from when I was very young.

"Don't make me go Watari!!" I cry, gripping onto the man's jacket and crying into it.

"We'll take it from here" a man said.

It was my dad...

I look over to see him grabbing a hold of me and dragging me over to him and my mum.

"I'll get you her things right away" Watari said and left to get all my belongings.

I was really going to leave Wammy's House. I did want to leave, but why did it have to be with my parents?

-The Next Morning-

L's Pov

I woke up to the sound of young kids running around and playing. It was normal to wake up to that. It's an orphanage after all.

I sat up and rubbed the sleep off my eyes.

"Good morning (Y/N). Are you feeling more relaxed now? We were quite emotional yesterday..."

I got no response from her. Was she mad at me?

"(Y/N)?"

I look up to see that she wasn't there. She wasn't in the room!!

No...

'Did she run even though she promised me she'd stay for a little longer?!'

I began to panic and kicked off my bed covers before sprinting down the halls looking for (Y/N).

I searched everywhere but I couldn't find her at all. All I spotted were other kids saying good morning to me and trying to touch me. I did my best to avoid them for the time being.

I soon turned around another corner and bumped straight into Watari.

"Young L? What's wrong? You seem very emotional about something. That's not how the world's greatest detective is supposed to be viewed" he said to me.

That wasn't the issue right now. I couldn't find my best friend.

"I can't find (Y/N), Watari" I cry, rubbing my eyes.

Watari gave me a sympathetic look and patted my head.

I look up at him with tears streaming down my face.

"What's happened to (Y/N)?" I ask, though I was pretty sure what the answer was going to be.

Watari sighed.

"(Y/N) had to leave with her parents" he said, making me gasp.

"I'm sorry for not telling you. But it was late last night and everyone was asleep-"

"I didn't even get the chance to say goodbye! She just left without a word!!" I wail.

"L, you should calm down" Watari says.

"No! I won't! I've lost...my best friend! I'm never gonna see her again...! What if something happens to her?!"

I dropped to the ground crying. Watari embraced me in a hug.

"It's okay. (Y/N) is with her family now. She's safe."

How would I know that? How could he be so sure?

"I want to see her!! I want to see her so bad!"

"I know you do. But L, you have to understand that some things in life just happen to slip away when we don't expect or want them to. That causes a lot of pain. But we need to find ways we can deal with that pain and move on. You are strong L. Don't worry, you will reunite with (Y/N) once again. I promise you."

But (Y/N) promised me she'd stay for a little longer, but she still left...How can I know for sure that we will reunite again?

"Just give it time..."

Watari released me and stood up.

"I have to go and speak with Rodger. Why don't you go and play with the other kids to try and take your mind off everything?"

Watari ruffled my hair gently and gave me a warm hearted smile before leaving.

I looked down at the floor.

"I'm gonna find you (Y/N). I want to say goodbye one last time before you move on and forget about me..."

Part 3? ^-^