Forever Forced

(A/N): Based on the idea I posted in my chat a while ago. This one is really long so I apologise that it's a little rushed near the end. Enjoy! :)

Days began to drop by like flies. Each one coming immediately after the other, it was hard to tell what day it was.
As a detective myself, it's very easy to lose track of these small things.

Especially during this new case that had suddenly appeared from the shadows.
An unknown murderer who is calling themselves Kira has risen from somewhere and started killing off criminals one by one.

No one knows anything about this Kira. All we know is that they exist and they're in the Kanto Region of Japan. But with such a huge population, it's gonna take a lot of time to even track down a suspect.

We eventually found two suspects, but it became difficult to get any evidence out of them.

But we decided to build a taskforce headquarters here in Japan to help us in our investigation of tracking down Kira and bringing them to justice.

But something tells me that even with this new taskforce building, nothing will change in our investigation and we won't move any further.

However, we can't afford to lose to Kira. Otherwise it's all over for the world.

I have to catch him. The world is counting on me.

"Ryuzaki? Are you in one of your deep thinking modes again?"

My eyes moved to the right and I could see from the corner of my eye the figure of (Y/N), a member of the taskforce headquarters, like the other men. She was standing by me, holding two cups of coffee in her hands, a small smile soon grew on her face.

"Not answering my question, huh?"

"I was just lost in thought."

"Yeah, I gathered. Here, you look like you could use one of these."

She placed a coffee cup down next to me. I stared at the coffee swirling around in the cup, then I glanced back over at (Y/N).

"Been kinda hectic lately, huh? Kira's been killing left, right and centre. I feel so bad for all the victim's. I also feel bad for you as your workload is piling up more and more" she said, taking sips of her coffee.

"I'm afraid it's almost impossible to predict any of these deaths" I began. "All we can do now is go with what we have."

"I suppose" (Y/N) sipped at her coffee again. "You ignored my second part though..."

I looked back down at my coffee and picked up a few sugar cubes from the small bowl next to me, dropping them into the cup.

"Um...I already put 5 sugars in the cup already. I think it's sweet enough, don't you?"

"I predicted that before taking a sip. I can tell by the smell of the coffee. It smells just a little bit stronger than how I normally have my coffee. So I used that info to determine that my coffee is not exactly the right type."

"You can tell that just by smelling it...? I mean, you certainly live up to your reputation" (Y/N) laughed.

"This is nothing compared to other tasks I've faced."

"Hey Ryuzaki? Why do you like to have so many sweets? Is it something that helps you concentrate or do you just have a sweet tooth?"

"Did you find anything about the Kitamura household, (Y/N)?" I asked.

"Oh...About that" (Y/N) put down her coffee and I glanced over at her.

"I found nothing out of the ordinary from the camera footage we received. They are simply a normal family. Most of the time, all they were doing was watching normal shows and movies on the television. Nothing suspicious about them at all. Aizawa can back me up on that one."