Unseen

(A/N): This is kinda like a sequel to the Last Breath story I posted a few chapters back. crowfoxyy requested it so I'm gonna do it. I hope this is okay for everyone! Enjoy! ^-^

L's Pov

(Y/N)'s funeral was yesterday...

It hurt so much seeing her lifeless body being buried in the ground.

But at least I know she's in a better place now...

After that, everything sorta went as normal. We were all dealing with our own work and issues in the taskforce.

Although, Misa seemed...off.

"L? Are you okay? You haven't slept in a week!" She said, walking over to me.

"I see you're familiar with my sleep schedule" I reply, sorting out some important documents.

"That's not funny L!" Misa put her hands on her hips.

"What do you want Misa? I'm busy."

"I feel like you should take a break from all this working. It seems that after (Y/N)'s funeral, you've been working so much faster than before. It's kinda scary" she said.

"I just remembered (Y/N)'s last wish and it sort of took over me. So I'm working like crazy so she's happy."

Misa was silent for a second before she took a deep breath and approached me.

"Look L, I think you should take a break. You've been working so hard that it's scaring me. You're pushing yourself too hard that you're gonna hurt yourself! Surely (Y/N) can't be happy about this-"

"How dare you talk about (Y/N) like that!!" I snap, hitting my fist off the table and turning to Misa.

The rest of the taskforce turn to look in surprise.

"No! I didn't mean it like that at all!! Just hear me out, L!" Misa stated.

"I agree with Misa" Light then approached us.

"See? We're just looking out for you L!" Misa said.

"Two Kira suspects looking out for the detective that's leading the investigation? I don't find that very realistic" I said back.

"Look, I know how hard it is for someone to lose someone they hold so dearly. It really does hurt. I know what you're going through" Light said.

'I don't believe that at all...' I thought. 'He's just saying that to seem innocent.'

"You need some time to take everything in and fully sort yourself out..." Misa suggests. "We know that you're still hurting a lot! Trust me, I'm sure (Y/N) would want you to calm down and fix yourself up a bit, right?"

I thought for a moment.

"Fine, if you two are so persistent on it, then okay."

The two smiled at me a little. I felt uncomfortable.

"I'll go upstairs to my room then" I say and stand up, heading upstairs.

Once I had made my way to my room and opened the door, I stood in the doorway for a minute.

The room looked and felt so empty...

Usually, (Y/N) would rush up here realising that she had forgotten something. Sometimes she'd even still be asleep and I'd have to come up here to wake her up and get ready to work. She always looked so relaxed when she was sleeping.

I sighed as I walked in and sat on the bed we shared. A small tear rolled down my cheek as all my thoughts just swarmed around inside my head.

I decided I would tidy up a little bit to clear my head. Plus, I couldn't stand to see the room in such a state.