What is up with my stories?

Alright, so no oneshot here as I have something I'd like to point out.

So yesterday, I noticed my second L X Reader oneshot book was added to someone's reading list.
Now before you say "Hey Cringey! Shouldn't you be happy about your story being added? People are reading and enjoying your books!"
And yes, when I see people adding my stories to their reading list, I'm really happy. I'm glad people are enjoying my stories, but this was a little different.

My story was added to a 'Cringey' reading list, which basically insisted of stories the person thought were really cringey or bad.

Now first of all, I can kind of see where they're coming from. My name is CringeyLittleMess and I am still getting used to writing stories on Wattpad, so yeah some of my stories will be cringey and weird, especially my smut. I'm still trying to get the hang of that.

But what really got me is the fact that it's not just my story that's in that reading list. There are other stories by other writers on it too and of course reading lists are public so anyone that checks out the profile can see it.

To be honest, I'm not deeply offended by this. As I said, my stories will be bad to some people so I can understand, but I feel like doing something like that is wrong. Putting something on your reading list that you don't even like to show others that you don't like the story and to pretty much get them to not read the story or dislike it too. Look, if you don't like the story, then just don't read it. It's as simple as that.
Don't go out of your way to just shame other people's work because you, personally, don't like it.

If the person is reading this right now, then I'm not really that fussed. I just want them to know that what they did isn't the best idea. I'm not trying to start anything at all. If you think something is cringey, you keep that to yourself.

I'm really just saying all this to kind of alert people in case something like this happens to another person.
It's not nice to have people disrespect you or your work that you have put time and effort into.

As I mentioned, I am not deeply offended. I just thought that the person shouldn't have done that and if they genuinely thought the work was cringey, to keep their opinion to themselves, or at least say what could be improved so they like it at least a little.

I know this isn't really a big deal and I'm just ranting on, but I can't help but talk about this and how it may effect people. Again, my story isn't the only one there.

If this happens to you, don't think too much of it, but just know that the person who may do that has made a silly mistake and needs to understand how doing something like that can make people feel upset.
I'm not really upset, I was just kinda surprised but I'm also thinking about the other people who had their stories added and how they might feel about this.

Again, this is kinda stupid to talk about but I feel like something should have been said just to let people know.

Anyways, rant over. Thank you so much to everyone who has added my stories for good reasons and not because they found them cringey or bad. You guys are all fantastic!

Anyways, peace out!

~Cringey ♡