Hope (Homeless Reader)

(A/N): Since I'm unoriginal and out of ideas at the moment, have this. Also, this is just hypothetically. I'm not saying you're homeless. Please don't hurt me.

"So cold..."

You whisper to yourself as you sat in a small alleyway, trying to keep yourself warm. All you had was your coat, that was getting a little too small for you, a scarf and a blanket to wrap around you.

It had started snowing pretty badly too which didn't help at all. It made everything so much harder for you.

You sat there with your coat and scarf on with the blanket wrapped around you.
You had no socks and your shoes were all ripped so you practically had nothing to wear on your feet so your feet were almost frozen.

You had no food and very little water left in your water bottle.

You had a backpack that had one pair of pyjamas in it that you always change into at night. They were very cosy and you wanted to change into them as you were freezing, but it was the middle of the day so somebody would probably spot you changing as you have nowhere to change.

So you continued to sit in the freezing cold, trying to keep yourself warm.

You had nowhere to go and no one to turn to. You had nothing.

"Why...? Why won't anyone help me...?"

You ask yourself as you lie down, your head resting on your backpack.

You decide to take a nap to kill time. Maybe the snow would die down and you wouldn't be as cold.

But just as you were about to close your eyes, you hear voices nearby.

'Who's here in my alleyway?' You think to yourself as you sit back up.

As you do, you see shadows of a group of 4 people on the wall opposite you. They seemed like edgy teenagers.

'Oh no...'

This was bad. If they spotted you, they'd attack you for sure. Or they'd try to rob you, even though you don't have anything anyway.

"So like, Jonathan totally got caught by the police yesterday at the bus station" you hear a boy's voice coming this way.

"No way man!" Another boy says.

"Go away...This is my space..." You whisper to yourself as you try to make yourself smaller so the group wouldn't notice you.
"Or maybe I'm the one that should leave..."

"Hey you!"

They spotted you.

You look over to see the group of 4 boys coming towards you.

"What are you doing in our alleyway?!" The tallest boy walked over to you and put his hands on his hips. You took a second to take in his physical appearance. He had red hair that covered one of his eyes and dressed in all black.

Yeah, these were definitely edgy teenagers. They'll probably be drinking or dealing drugs.

'He stinks of alcohol anyway...' you thought to yourself as you move your head to the side a little but still kept your eyes on the red haired boy, just so you weren't inhaling that awful stench.

"Well?! I ain't gonna ask you again missy!" He asked again and he put his foot on the wall so he was closer to you which made you jump.

"U-Uh...Well, I've been living here for the past two months..." you say politely to the boys.

"Shut up! This space doesn't belong to you! You have no right to be here! You disgusting pig! Look at the state of you!" The red haired boy got right up to your face, scaring you.