Night Owl

(A/N): I didn't know what to call this. Plus this one is quite short again.

The Headcanon: You always try to stay awake all night with L to help with work, but you end up falling asleep on his shoulder every time.

"I told you! Get some rest! I'll finish the work on my own", L said to you.

"No! I'm not letting you stress yourself out trying to finish my work! I'll do it myself!" You reply to him.

"But you fell asleep the last time you said that".

"That's different! This time I will definitely stay awake!"

"Fine", L sighed and shook his head. "But don't say I didn't warn you".

"Whatever".

You sit down next to L on the sofa and start helping him sort out files that were spread out on the coffee table.

"There's a lot more files than I thought", you say.

"If it's too much for you, I can take care of it (Y/N)", L stated.

"I said no. I'll manage!"

L sighed again.

-Small Time Skip-

You had been working for hours now and you were starting to get sleepy, but you weren't giving in that easily!

"(Y/N)? (Y/N)!"

"Huh? What?"

"You've been staring at that one file for 30 seconds now. Are you starting to feel drowsy now?" L asked.

"N-No!"

"Well, if that's the case, you keep sorting out those files and I'll go over these tapes", L said, taking out a small box containing many different tapes, from underneath the table.
He then stood up and carried them to the spare room where the TV's were kept and set them up.

You got back to work at sorting out the files, putting them all in the right places.
After about 10 more minutes, you had finally finished sorting out all the files. But you were pretty tired now.

You decided to go and help L with the tapes. You walk into the spare room and spot L gazing at the TV in front of him.

You throw yourself onto the sofa next to him, catching him off guard a little.

"How are you getting on?" You ask.

"Not bad. I'm just going over video footage from October 7th at Shinjuku station. I think we may have a suspect for this case", L replied. "I'll have to keep looking".

"I see".

L put on another tape and studied it carefully. You watched with him, still pretty tired.
Then out of nowhere, you let out a yawn.

"Tired (Y/N)?" L looked over to you.

"I told you, no".

"Then why did you yawn like that?" He smirked.

"Well, watching these tapes isn't exactly the most interesting thing to do is it?"

"I don't see the problem".

"Whatever".

-Another Time Skip-

"Well, from what we've just witnessed, I can say that our suspect is somewhere around Shinjuku. We'll have to keep an eye out for them", L stated, putting a thumb to his lip. "What do you think (Y/N)?"

There was no response.

"(Y/N)?"

Soon, L felt something against his shoulder making him tense up. He turned to see that you had fallen asleep on his shoulder.

"Every time", L sighed.

L shifted very carefully and let you rest on the arm of the sofa. He found a blanket and wrapped it around you.

"One of these days, you're going to hurt yourself because you're not taking care of yourself", he said.

He kissed your forehead gently and decided to sit on the floor and work while you slept on the sofa.

(A/N): Sorry this one isn't very good. I'll try and make better ones from now on.

L gif time!

😄❤