Fake Happy

(A/N): I took the title from a Paramore song.

The Headcanon: L instantly knows if you're feeling down or if something's bothering you, even if you have the brightest smile on your face.

L's Pov

She always had the brightest smile.

Every time we saw her, she was smiling brightly.

I know she's hiding something inside.

And I'm going to help her.

"Ryuzaki? Hey! RYUZAKI!"

I was snapped out of my thoughts by the sound of my name.

I turn around to see (Y/N).

That girl.

She had a big, bright smile on her face.

"Were you zoning out again?" She giggled.

"Sorry...I'm just a little frustrated..." I sigh.

"That's okay! The case is getting to everyone. Hey, would you like a cup of coffee?" (Y/N) asked me.

"Sure..."

"Okay then!"

(Y/N) happily strolled off to make coffee.
I rested my head in my hand and sighed.

'Something's going on'.

"Something's wrong with (Y/N)".

I shot my head up to the sound of Light's voice. He sat down next to me and sighed.

"You caught onto it too?" I asked him.

"Yeah. I don't really know why, but there's just something about her that seems...off to me", he replied.

"Yes, I was thinking the same thing".

"You should talk to her", Light said, turning to face me. "She could be crumbling to pieces under that mask and there's no one there to help her! I'm sure she'll open up to you Ryuzaki. She seems to be around you a lot as it is".

"Yes".

Soon, (Y/N) came back with my coffee.

"Oh, hey Light!" She said.

"Hi (Y/N)", he replied.

"I'd love to chat, but I gotta get back to my work!"

(Y/N) put my coffee down on the table and turned to walk away but I stopped her.

"(Y/N)!"

"Huh? What is it Ryuzaki?"

"Can I talk to you in private?"

"Umm...okay!"

I stand up and lead (Y/N) to the halls where no one was around at this time.

"Is there something I can do for you?" (Y/N) asked.

"Yes. Answer me honestly here. What's going on?" I ask seriously.

"I'm not quite sure what you mean", (Y/N) replied, still smiling but it seemed to have faded a little.

"Please don't lie to me (Y/N). You're constantly smiling. It is a good thing to be happy, but when it's all the time it looks suspicious, like you are trying to hide something bad that's happened. That's all the proof I need to know something is wrong. Remember that you can talk to us. Just because we are working on a case, doesn't mean we won't listen to what you have to say. Just tell me so I can help you".

I noticed (Y/N)'s smile had completely faded at my words. She tried to smile again, but she was unable to as tears started falling down her face.

"U-Umm..."

She started to panic. Her breathing got heavy and she started to shake. This wasn't good.

"Calm down (Y/N)! It's okay!"

I pulled her into a tight hug to try and calm her down.

"It's okay. Calm down. I'm here now", I kept telling her as I stroke her hair.
"Do you think you can tell me what's wrong?"

"M-My dad..."

"Your father? Oh, Mr (L/N). I remember working with him on a case a while ago", I say.

"W-Well...h-he was killed...b-by Kira...and his funeral is tomorrow..."

My eyes widened.

"He was innocent! He was just trying to protect people! He didn't deserve to die!" (Y/N)'s anger soon got the better of her and she started throwing punches at my chest.

"I understand. I was unaware of that. I'm sorry (Y/N)".

"I put on a fake smile to cover up my sadness. I didn't want my feelings to get in the way!" (Y/N) cried.

"Your father was a very good man. I had a lot of respect for him. I'm sorry that happened".

"It's not your fault. I'm sorry", (Y/N) wiped her tears and tried to break free from the hug, but I kept a firm grip on her.

"R-Ryuzaki...?"

"We will avenge the death of your father (Y/N). We will catch Kira. His death will not go in vain. I promise you that!" I say. "Let's catch Kira together!"

"Y-Yeah...!"

"Remember (Y/N), if anything happens to you, you have to tell us. I don't want you to suffer alone. I love you".

(A/N): I just realised I've been writing quite a few oneshots that contain Reader-Chan being sad. I'm sorry! I'll write more fluff! Also, I'll try and write longer chapters cause these are quite short lol

L gif!

😊❤