Hope (Homeless Reader Part 2)

(A/N): I didn't expect a part two to be requested by so many of you so I'm doing it. Even tho the first part is so far back in this book lol. Anyways enjoy!

You stood there in the shower, just taking everything in.

The bathroom was huge, so pretty and so clean! The shower water was clean, nice and warm too. It was so relaxing.

You sigh happily as you let the water wash off the shampoo in your hair, feeling it drip down your back. The shampoo smelt amazing too. By the end of this shower, you feel like you'll be a completely different person!

You stepped out of the shower and dried yourself off, feeling more fresh.

But as you went to put on the clothes L gave you, there was a slight problem...

L was a guy...giving you male clothes to wear...You were a female...

L had only given you a shirt and trousers to wear. Of course, he didn't have any ladies underwear...

'Oh dear. Clearly, we didn't think that through...' you thought to yourself.

You decided to just throw on the shirt and wrap the towel around your lower body.

"This is embarrassing...But at least I'm the only one in this room."

Knock! Knock!

The knock on your door made you jump.

Oh god! This wasn't good!!

"Who is it...?" You ask.

"It's L. Please open the door."

You weren't very prepared for this. You hesitate but you open the door and the detective steps in.

"Look, before you say anything, you're a guy, so you obviously don't have any ladies underwear. Which means I can't really wear much..." You say, embarrassingly folding your arms over your chest.

"Understandable. Once Misa gets back from her photo shoot, I'll see if you can borrow some of her clothes" L said. "Or she can buy some more for you while she's out."

"Wow...You...You said that way too casually..."

"Is that a problem?" L tilted his head.

"Not at all! I just thought you'd be a little embarrassed much like myself."

"I have no interest in what you are thinking of right now" L narrowed his eyes.

"No, I mean-"

"I am only here to discuss a few things with you. Please sit down."

L gestured for you to sit down. The two of you sat down on the couch and you tried to cover yourself as best as possible so L wouldn't see anything as you were practically naked underneath that towel.

"I can't leave this place?"

"At least not until we can fully trust you. Since Matsuda, the idiot, brought you here, we can't risk you leaving right now just in case you leak out information about this building, who we are and who we work for" L stated. "So you should remain in this room for the time being, just doing what you would normally do. Imagine this as your new house. Every now and then, I'll come to check on you, but do not, under any circumstances, leave this room or try to escape. Is that clear?"

Was that a threat?

"Um...Sure..."

"Good. You have everything you need in this room and if you run low on anything such as food, toiletries etcetera, call the number on the small piece of paper next to that telephone there" L pointed to a small telephone that was sitting on a table in the corner of the room. "And one of us will come up and give you whatever it is that you require."

This was pretty crazy.

"It'll be pretty lonely then..." You whisper, but L managed to hear you.

"Be grateful. You would've still been on the streets if it weren't for Matsuda. Quite frankly, as a member of this taskforce, he should've left you there as it is forbidden for a member of the general public to enter this building."

"Oh...yeah..."

Jeez, this guy sure knows how to hit you deep where it hurts. Either he doesn't really get human feelings well and acts like a robot, or he's just mean.

"Well, you seem to be doing fine, so I'll be heading back to the main room" L said, standing up.

"Can't I come down and join you? I may not look it, but I was pretty successful in school and I got good grades! I can help with the case!" You say.

L turned around to look at you.

He didn't say anything. Just a cold stare.

"Uh...Sorry..."

"No, you can't help. For all I know, you could be bluffing and just trying to help us so you can get information. You will stay here until I am sure it is safe for you to leave. We talked about this."

L then turned back around to leave the room.

"Please! Wait a second!"

You reach out to grab L's arm but he notices, quickly turns back around and grabs your wrist, startling you from the quick reflex.

"Please refrain from trying to touch me" L said, narrowing his eyes at you, making a chill run down your spine.

"Sorry...I just...There's still some questions I need answers to..." You say to him.

"Take a note of them and you can ask me when I return next time" L said. "Well then..."

He let you go then left without saying another word.

You sigh and slump back down on the sofa.

"So exactly how long do I have to wait before I can get woman's clothes?!" You ask yourself in frustration.

Silence.

"I guess I better find something to do if I'm gonna be stuck here for a while..."

You get back up and have a look around the room you were in.

You had to admit, it was lovely being in a cosy space, with no one to bother you, where you were able to do whatever you wanted, you could smell fresh and relax. But it was kinda lonely being on your own. Just like on the streets...

You notice book shelves against one of the walls and decide to take a look.
There were a lot of psychological thriller books and horror on the shelves.

"I like horror. I guess I'll start with that..." You say to yourself and pick up a book.

"Those Across The River..."

You sit down and begin to read.

-In the main room-

The room was quiet as everyone worked.

L was watching the cameras like a hawk, keeping an eye on what you were doing whilst also doing a bunch of other work. The man was an amazing multitasker.

"(Y/N)'s pretty cute isn't she?" Matsuda said, as he watched the cameras displaying your room.

"Yeah" Light nodded. "At first, she was very tacky looking, but now that she's all freshened up, she does look pretty cute."

"Looks aren't everything to a person, you know?" Aizawa said, looking up at the two from his work.

"We know that" Matsuda said to him. "It's just a sudden change from looking tacky and it's a good change" he smiled.

"You should listen to Aizawa" L said, not taking his eyes off the screens in front of him.

Matsuda and Light gave L a confused look.

"Looks can be deceiving. Be on your guard. (Y/N) can be a danger to us..."

I don't know if you guys want a part 3 but if so I can do that!

Anyways, sorry for the lack of updates! I'm trying to balance college and my hobbies lol. Bye!