Trapped in a Box! (Remastered)

(A/N): Thank you to Wine_And_Sad for suggesting I remake this old oneshot from my first book. I hope this is to your liking!

"This isn't funny, you two!" L shouts.

So, Misa being Misa, thought it was a good idea to trap both you and L in a box and leave you there. How this managed to happen, no one knew. All that was known was that no one liked it.

L was certainly not happy with the situation as his time, that he could've used to work on a case, was being used to sit in a box.

You, on the other hand, didn't like being trapped in this box, for a whole other reason...

It was cold. And claustrophobic in the box. This was not good at all.

L slumped down and folded his arms.

"No good. They just think this is some sort of joke!" He said.

Cold...Claustrophobic...

These things you knew too well...

"Are you alright (Y/N)?" L asks, noticing that you hadn't moved or said anything. "You're looking a little pale..."

No...You weren't good. You weren't good at all.

The whole fact that Light and Misa had thrown you in a box had brought back memories you never thought would come back.

Memories of your past...

The whole atmosphere around you had taken place once before, when you were a child.

"No..." You whisper, screwing your eyes tightly shut, hoping to make the memories vanish.

But once you opened your eyes, everything had changed.

A dark, cold room. Almost like a room inside a psychiatric hospital. Only four walls surrounded you. You clothes were ripped a little and your hands were tied.

"What's going on...?" You ask yourself, looking around.

Meanwhile, L watched you, confused for a second, before putting his focus back on trying to get out of the box.

"This is a room I don't recognise..." You whisper again. L couldn't hear you over the sound of him hitting the box to try and rip it open, as well as Light and Misa laughing from the outside.

You try and break free from the ribbon wrapped around your wrists, but they were still trapped.

"Help me...Mum...I'm scared..." Your sad, young voice pleaded as tears began to fall down your face.

All of a sudden, you felt somewhat safer as you see the door handle to your room go down and the door slowly open. However, your smile dropped when you realised it wasn't mum.

It was someone you didn't even recognise.

"Um...Where's my mum?" You ask the mysterious person who was dressed in all black, with a mask covering his face.

"She's no longer here" the voice of a man called to you.

"Wh...What have you done to her?!"

The man didn't respond and instead walked slowly towards you.

"Why am I here? Why can't I move my hands? What are you planning to do to me?!"

Still no response from this man.

You had to get out of here! Fast! You weren't safe here!

Immediately, you leaped past the man towards the door he came in, in attempt to escape. But you were soon stopped by the man grabbing your hair and pulling you back in, freaking you out and causing you to scream and snap back into reality.