Cats Vs Dogs

(A/N): Just a random idea I thought about 🤷‍♀️

L was a cat lover, he didn't like dogs.

You were a dog lover, you didn't like cats.

It was as simple as that.

You tried to convince L that getting a dog was a better idea, since they can protect you and they are so playful, but he wouldn't listen to you.

L, on the other hand, tried to convince you that getting a cat was the best idea since they aren't too energetic. They are perfectly calm and great company, but you wouldn't listen to him either.

All of this caused the two of you to get into some pretty stupid arguments.
And sometimes you would even tease L about dogs just to annoy him.
It was actually quite funny when you really think about it.

"Hey L?" You say to him as you walk into taskforce HQ one morning, a big smile on your face.

"What is it (Y/N)?" He asked, turning around to face you.

Your smile then faded and you looked at the floor.

"You're gonna hate me", you say, fidgeting.

"(Y/N), I could never hate you. I love you", L replied as he stood up and walked over to you, wrapping his arms around you. "What's wrong? You can tell me anything. I assure you that I could never hate you."

"I spammed you with photos of dogs."

"Okay, I do hate you", he said letting you go as you just stood there and laughed.

"You love me really."

"...maybe", L pouted.

"Why can't we get a dog L?" You whine.

"I've said this all before (Y/N). I do not like dogs. They are too energetic and they would take ages to train and I haven't got time to do that. I can't have something running around while I'm trying to work. That's why I suggested we get a cat", L replied, folding his arms.

"But cats do nothing! They just sit there and expect you to do everything for them. You can't have fun with an animal that doesn't even do anything!" You shout.

And now there's an argument breaking out.

"I wonder what those two are arguing about", Misa said to Light as the two of them came down the stairs to the main room you and L were in, carrying files and other paperwork.

"Not another argument about pets", Light sighed.

"Huh?"

"This has been going on for ages. The two just can't decide what fucking pet they want. (Y/N) wants a dog, L wants a cat. Why don't they just not get a pet if they're just gonna argue about getting one anyway?"

"Dogs are better!"

"No, cats are much better!"

"Oh shut up!" Light said as him and Misa reached the bottom of the stairs, making you and L freeze.

"If you're just gonna argue, then don't get a fricken pet! Honestly, you're acting like children! Act your age, not your shoe size!" Light snapped, dumping the paperwork on his desk and sitting down in front of his computer.

Silence.

"I hear you're struggling to agree on which pet to get", Misa says, breaking the silence.

You and L look at each other then at Misa, not saying anything.

"Yeah..." you finally say. "I want a dog, L wants a cat...which makes no sense because dogs are cuter, and they can protect you from danger! What can cats do huh?"

Great, you just had to do that huh?

"I'll have you know that cats are more adorable than dogs and they are flexible! Some cats can be vicious and can attack so they can be useful in any danger!" L shouts back at you.

The two of you then started another argument.

"Guys! Guys! Stop arguing!" Misa yelled, trying to stop the two of you before it could get worse.

"There's no need to argue about something like this!" Misa went on. "You two are such a happy couple and you decide to argue over something like this? There's no need for that! Isn't there any other pets you like that you could get instead?"

You and L thought for a second.

"L! We should get a pony!"

"No way!"

"A parrot?"

"No."

"A pet rat?"

"Ew! Not a chance!"

"Fish?"

"I can't except them. Those are cats enemies, along with rats."

You sigh. You weren't getting anywhere with him, unless you said a cat.

"Fine. Which pet do you want?" You ask L.

"A cat."

You were this close to hitting him, honestly.

"Besides that", you say, your hands on your hips.

L stood in thought for a moment.

"I like the sound of rabbits..."

"Rabbits?"

"Yes. They're cute, they're not too energetic and they're very fluffy. Sure, they might not be able to help in dangerous situations, but at least we won't be arguing over which pet to get", L stated.

He has a point. You do like rabbits and you didn't want to keep arguing with L.

"I like rabbits too. We should get a rabbit!" You say, happily.

"Yes, that sounds good. It's settled then. We're getting a rabbit."

"Yay!"

You then wrap your arms around L and pull him into a tight hug, which he accepted.

"Finally, no more arguing", he said.

"Yeah", you giggle.

Misa let out a sigh of relief.

A few days later

"Who's that you've got there?" Matsuda asked as he spotted you and L walking into taskforce with a small, white rabbit in your arms.

"This is Marbles", you say to him. "He's our new pet."

"He's so cute!" Matsuda replied.

"Yes he is", L said.

"Here, you can hold him", you say.

"Really?!" Matsuda's eyes lit up.

"Sure. Be careful with him though", you hand Marbles over to Matsuda who took him carefully and began to stroke him.

"Aww! Such a cute little floof!" Matsuda laughed.

You and L watched as Matsuda sat Marbles on his desk and got to work, letting the white rabbit hop about as he did.

You smiled at the sight and felt an arm wrap around you.

"I'm sorry for acting the way I did before", L said to you.

"I'm sorry too", you reply. "But don't worry about it. It's sorted now. We managed to find a pet we could both agree on."

L nodded then kissed your cheek.

"You're right. No more arguing now. I love you (Y/N)."

"I love you too."