Memory (Soulmate AU)

(A/N): I haven't actually made a soulmate AU yet cause I've always been tryna think of an original way of writing it but I've got one. I'm referencing to one I found on my Pinterest so credit to them (I don't know the user who created the idea).

AU: The dreams you have are actually your soulmate's memories playing in your head.

"You're going to bed already?"

"I'm tired" you reply to Misa as you get under the blankets.
The two of you were having a sleepover at her place.

"It's only 10PM!"

"I'm TIRED!" You say again. "I'm going to sleep, now goodnight!"

Misa just shook her head as you rolled over to get to sleep. She had no idea though, that you had been struggling to get sleep these days, due to having these really strange dreams.

"Sleepovers aren't fun when the other person goes to sleep and it's just you..." Misa groaned. "I guess I'll go to sleep too..."

Misa got under her blankets and went to sleep too.

Soon

There was a little boy. He was all alone in the busy streets on a cold winter's day. No one was going to help him. No one even looked in his direction.

He pulled himself closely in to keep himself warm.

"Help..." He whispered, though he knew it would do him no good.

He had no where to go. He lost his home, his family, everything. He didn't know what he was supposed to do.

It started to get darker. He was beginning to feel more cold. The streets started to become more bare but that didn't stop some guys going out drinking. Then when they were on their way back home, they try to talk to the boy or touch him. It scared the boy, especially since he wasn't good with human interaction and physical contact with others.

He thought it would be best to escape from that specific area. So he got up and dragged his teddy bear across the ground. He was weak due to hunger and thirst. He really needed energy, but he continued to walk until he could find a proper place to spend the night. He walked for, to him, felt like eternity. His vision started to become blurry and eventually he ended up collapsing on a dirt path.

"GAH!!" You shot up and came to a sitting position.

Misa, right next to you, jumped up at the sound of your scream.

"You almost gave me a heart attack (Y/N)!" She said.

"Sorry..." you sigh, as you try to calm down your breathing. "I thought I had died or something there..."

"...Did you have another one of those dreams again?" Misa asked.

"How did you know? Is it that obvious?"

"This is the fourth one you've had in the last few nights. I felt like something was wrong when you had the second dream, but I decided not to say anything in case I was just imagining it and it didn't happen again. But it seems like it's happening more regularly now. So we can't afford to ignore this anymore..."

Misa went and turned the light on. She saw that you were in a bit of a state.

"It was another dream about a boy wasn't it?"

You nod.

"I could be wrong, but I think I heard that these dreams could be a sign for something..."

"Huh?"

"I'm not sure. Let me go and Google this..."

Misa pulled out her phone and searched up what she had witnessed from you.