Instant Regret

(A/N): Based on another Headcanon! Enjoy! Also, I don't know what I did with that photo up there, but it's just simply 👌🏽

The Headcanon: If the two of you were to have a fight/argument, he'd instantly feel guilty about it afterwards. He doesn't want to lose you!

It was so late at night and you and L were still working! Everyone else had gone to bed ages ago. It wouldn't be long now before your body completely shuts down.

"Okay! I'm gonna head off to bed", you say to L, standing up and stretching your limbs. You go to walk up the stairs when you stop and turn to L. "You coming?"

"No", was all you got as a reply.

"Why not? You haven't slept in a while. Maybe you should-"

"I said no (Y/N)!"

"Th-There's no need to raise your voice at me! I'm just saying that you should rest for a bit!" You say, nervously.

"Rest? You want me to rest?! How can I rest when there is a killer on the loose?! I have to make sure no one gets killed (Y/N)!" L says, spinning his chair around to face you. His face more serious than you had ever seen.

"It wouldn't hurt to take one night off! You need sleep! It's not good for your body if you don't get enough rest!"

"Do you think I care about that? At least I'm willing to stay up all night to catch this killer! No one else does that! No one else helps me! So I'll work myself!" L spins his chair back around and gets back to work.

"What has gotten into you L?! Why are you being mean to me?!" You ask, on the brink of tears. L had never acted like this before. It was scaring you.

"If you're going to bed, go. I can't stand you complaining at me when I'm trying to focus on my work", L says, sorting out files.

"You know what? FINE! I'M SORRY FOR CARING ABOUT YOUR HEALTH!!"

L turned around and watched you rush upstairs to your room, slamming the door behind you. Instantly regretting all of what he just said, he turned back to his computer and slammed his hands on the table in front of him.

"Dammit! I just had to go and say those things, didn't I? Idiot!"

L leapt out of his seat and rushed up the stairs to your room.
He was at your bedroom door within seconds.

"(Y/N)?" He knocked on your door.

No response.

"(Y/N), I know you're in there".

"(Y/N)'s gone to bed!" You reply.

"Come on (Y/N). You know I didn't mean to say those things. I'm just really stressed with the case, and..."

L was silent for a second.

"...I just need to make sure everyone is safe. Especially you (Y/N). Because I love you".

You took a moment to let those words sink in.

"Please open the door (Y/N)".

You slowly walk over to the door and open it.

"I thought (Y/N) had gone to bed", L said sarcastically, putting a finger to his lip.

After hearing that, you went to shut the door on him, but L stopped you.

"I'm really sorry (Y/N). I shouldn't have said those things to you".

"I was only looking out for you. I just don't want you hurting yourself", you say.

"I know, and I should respect that. I am really sorry (Y/N)".

You could see it in his eyes. Instant regret. You close your eyes and let out a small sigh before smiling at him.

"You're always like this. Instantly regretting something you may have said to another person. You're such a dork", you giggle.

L laughed a little too, before you wrap your arms around him and bring him into a hug.

"I do forgive you. It would be stupid for us to fall out over something like that. I just want you to understand that I care about you so much L, and I want to make sure you're okay", you state.

"I understand completely. I promise not to raise my voice at you like that again", L says.

"Good", you say, breaking the hug.
"Now, I'm going back to bed. Goodnight!"

You kiss L's cheek but before you can walk back into your room, L grabbed your hand.

"I've been pushing myself too hard. I'll come to bed with you (Y/N)", he said, a light blush spreading across his cheeks.

You give L a warm smile as the two of you got into bed together.
L snuggled into you.

"I love you (Y/N)".

"I love you too, dork", you giggle as you wrap your arms around him again and fall asleep with him.

You know the drill!
L gif time!

You know the drill!L gif time!