Battles

(A/N): Right now, I've been struggling to find ideas for stories so that's why it's taking me a while to get stuff out. But I've got a few ideas now so I should have more stories coming out shortly. So enjoy this for now!

This was it! Today was the day you were gonna beat L, the world's greatest detective...

In a game of Laser Tag!

Sure, you two were grown adults playing a children's game against a bunch of teenagers and young kids, but that wasn't gonna stop either of you from having fun and kicking each other's ass!

Obviously you were on opposite teams so you both had the same goals to beat each other.

The game started about an hour ago and most of the young teens and kids were out the game. Your team had you and a teenage boy left whilst L's team had him and a little girl.

You and your teammate were hiding behind a wall, L and his teammate doing the same.

"Let me knock the big guy out, and you go for the girl! It'd only be fair" Your teammate suggested with a smirk.

"No. I'm getting the big guy out, you go for the girl" you replied, seriously.

"Mister, I'm scared. It's dark in this room and I can't see the other team's members!" The little girl said to L.

"Well, you just stay back here and I'll get the two of those guys okay?" L said to her. The girl nodded in reply.

This was it.

Now or never!

You were determined to beat L, no matter what it takes.

Although L was not one to mess with. He doesn't lose so easily. But you weren't gonna let that get to you!

You were gonna win.

"Alright, we're gonna move in on the count of three" you say to your teammate, not knowing L was saying the same thing to his teammate.

"Okay, you ready?" L said to the girl.

The little girl nodded, scared but determined.

"Okay, let's do this!" The boy said.

"On the count of three. One..." you start.

"Two..." L whispered.

"THREE!" Your teammate yelled and jumped out of your hiding place with his laser gun ready to shoot.

"You idiot! I wasn't ready! You're gonna give us away and get yourself shot!" You whisper yelled to him.

You peered over the side of the wall to see L was out trying to get the boy.

This could work! Whilst L is distracted by trying to get your teammate, you could jump out and get L!

Alright, let's go!

You did a forward roll out of your hiding spot and immediately jumped up ready to fire at L, who was really good at avoiding getting shot since it was really dark in the maze like room, only the lights on your laser guns were helping you see.

"I'm gonna need some help here!" L yelled to his teammate.

"O-Okay!" The young girl came out ready to fire.

"Let me get the big guy!" The boy said to you.

"I told you no! I'm getting the big guy!" You say.

"Why?! You don't expect me to gang up on a small girl, do you?!"

"Just listen to me please."

"No! It's a free game! I'll go for who I want to!"

"Stop arguing with me please!"