Heat Stroke

(A/N): This is kinda based on a past experience. I don't really like the sun 😅

It was a beautiful day today. Birds chirping, the sun blazing, kids outside playing at the park and begging their parents to buy them ice cream.
It was so pretty! It had been quite a while since the weather had been this nice.

Of course, on a day like this, YOU WERE WORKING!!

It was awful! The taskforce was extremely hot, and the air conditioning wasn't working either!

You tried your best to get work done, but the heat wasn't helping one bit.

"Honestly, I feel like the sweat that's pouring off my hands right now will travel into this computer's keyboard and fuck up the computer!" You say to yourself as you began to type.

"Language (Y/N)", L said.

"I can't help it! It's so hot in here!! I feel like I'm gonna melt!"

""Drink some water then"

"I've drank 2 whole water bottles in the last half hour!!"

L sighed and shook his head.

"I'm sorry. The heat's just really getting to me and I'm struggling to concentrate a little", you say, running your fingers through your hair. "It's tiring me out too".

"I understand", L said. "You are free to leave and carry on your work at home if it's easier for you".

"I don't want to make things difficult for you", you say.

"Honestly (Y/N), I'm okay with whatever's easier for you. As long as the files are done, I don't really care", L says.

"Awesome. I could use a little break to stretch my limbs. I'll be sure to get the files done by the end of the day. Unless I fall asleep, I'll hand them back over tonight".

"Understood. I'll see you later then", L says, picking up a sugar cube and eating it whole.

"See you later", you say, giving L a quick kiss on the cheek before heading out.

"Watch out (Y/N)! It's really hot outside!" Misa says to you as she comes into headquarters just as you leave.

"Don't worry. I'll be fine", you say, heading out.

-Soon-

"Man, as distracting as the heat is from my work, it sure is nice to finally see the clear blue sky after a while", you say, taking a deep breath and breathing in the nice fresh air.

The sun was shining on your (H/C) hair, which did kind of hurt, but you just shrug it off and continued walking home.

You were halfway there when you suddenly stopped.

"Oh god, I feel really dizzy..." you say, clutching your head.
"It's probably just stress from work. I'm having to file much more reports than last time!"

You tried walking a little bit more until your vision became blurry and your eyes became heavy.

"I must be really tired..."

You slowly drag your body some more, until you couldn't go any further and you fell over onto the ground.

"What the fuck...?"

At that moment, you threw up.

"Oh...I have heat stroke..."

"But...I have to get home...!"

You struggle to get yourself up, only to fall back down again on your knees.

"I...gotta call...L..." you say weakly, reaching for your phone, only to realise you didn't actually have your phone.