Chase

(A/N): I'm honestly the worst at coming up with titles lolol

"I can't believe I got stuck with you again..."

You had to go shopping for your parents but you were then told that you had to babysit your little cousin so they had to come along with you.

"Right, stay beside me and don't go wondering off okay?" You say to your 4 year old cousin as the two of you walked into the huge supermarket.

"Okay, let's see here..." You pull out the shopping list your mum gave you and took a look at what you needed and where you should look first.

"Banana!" Your cousin then ran off at the sight of the bananas before them.

"No!" You rush them and grab their hand, pulling them back. "I told you to stay beside me. Don't go running off!"

Your cousin gave you a sad look.

"Don't give me that..."

You sigh. This was gonna be a long trip.

You pick up a shopping basket and begin walking around with your cousin, grabbing things you needed and ticking them off the list as you go.

Your cousin was getting pretty bored just waddling along with you. They wanted to explore.

They looked around the place, taking in their surroundings.

"Milk next. Come on, let's go."

You take your cousin's hand and lead them to the dairy products.

"Okay. We need a specific kind of milk..."

You began looking around the milk for the right kind.

Your cousin just stood there and fiddled about, trying to keep themselves occupied. They were very bored now. And you taking ages to get milk wasn't helping.

They looked around some more until they spotted something else.

Cereal!

Kids go crazy when they see cereal.

They were so tempted to go and see the cereal but at the same time, they had to stay in your view.

But...it shouldn't hurt to take a small peek, right? To them, you seemed more focused on finding the right milk than anything else.

Your cousin then took a few steps closer to where the cereal was, then made a run for it. He was so excited to see the cereal.

"Don't tell me they don't have-Oh wait! Found it!" You say, reaching over and grabbing the milk you preferred over the rest.

"Okay, got the milk. Come on (C/N). Let's-"

You turn around to where you were sure your cousin was standing, only to see they weren't there at all.

"No...They're making fun of me aren't they?" You shake your head and walked to the end of the aisle.

"This isn't the time to play hide and seek" you state, peering around expecting to see them there, only to be greeted with nothing.

You begin to panic. You had lost sight of them.

"O-Okay (Y/N), don't panic. They can't have gone far..."

You begin to look around, calling for your cousin but you weren't getting very far.

"Oh for goodness sake! I tell them to stay beside me and they just wonder off! Kids can be such a pain..."

You look around some more, beginning to pick up the pace as you go from aisle to aisle, peering around all the corners, trying to find anyone that resembles a 4 year old (boy/girl).