Change of Style

(A/N): Just a random one I started writing at the end of 2020 and didn't finish XD

You were a writer. You expressed all the feelings and emotions you felt through the art of writing stories and novels.

The books you wrote were nothing more than simple, short, fictional stories and you hadn't published any of your stories, though, as you weren't 100% confident in doing so.
So you only wrote stories for your own personal preference.

But besides all that, you loved what you did and the passion you had for your writing was thriving.

But one day, all of a sudden, as you were hoping to have a fun day of writing, a dreaded little friend of yours appeared from out of nowhere, suddenly slapping you right in the face.

Your little friend known as Writer's Block.

"Dammit. Why did you have to appear now?" You ask this imaginary 'friend' of yours.

"I had so many ideas before and you just want to stop me from bringing them to life! Don't you?"

You sigh and rest your head on your desk, soon turning it over to face the right.

Your eyes soon caught a glimpse of a  notebook at the end of your desk.

"Hmm..."

You pause for a moment before sitting up and reaching over to grab the book.

This was a book where you tend to write down ideas you want to take forward to create a story with. This book you are going over had character personalities and small sketches of how you wanted them to appear.

You seemed to have more character sketches than ideas.

As you flipped through the book, you noticed a character that you had written quite a lot about.

"Misty the maid...?"

You glance over the notes you made about the character and give yourself a small smirk.

"I should use this character. There seems to be a lot more with this one than other characters in this book."

But your smirk soon faded and you looked down at your book in confusion.

"I have no other characters though. How would I be able to put this certain character in a story?"

Thoughts swarmed around your head as you looked through other character profiles and notes you had made.
You tried putting things together and began to create a short story...

Meanwhile, L was working on some more important things...

"Where's that document?" L asks, looking around for a certain document.

"What document?" Light asked him.

"There's this really important document I had and now I can't find it all of a sudden!"

"...Want me to help you look for it?"

"That would be very helpful" L said. "If you look in this room, I'll go and see if Watari took it by accident."

L got up and went upstairs looking for Watari and this missing document.

Conveniently, your room was before Watari's and you had left your door open...

"Oh! Ryuzaki!"

"What is it (Y/N)? I'm kind of busy at the moment..."

"Can you help me for a second?"

"Can it wait for a second? I need to see Watari for a minute" L states.

"No! It can't wait! I need you to help me right now!" You rush over to him and grab his arm, pulling him into your room.