Last Breath

(A/N): Okay, this one is gonna be pretty sad and quite long so you have been warned. Just another idea that flew into my head when I was walking home from college a few days ago lol. Alright, let's get into it.

L's Pov

Before I knew it, it was too late.
There was no way we could avoid the fate that had happened...

Flashback

Your Pov

I was on a bus coming home from work. I worked in a bakery in another part of town so I had to get the bus there and back all the time.

"Oh my god! No way! Honestly, when I get home, I'm gonna bake a cake for you!" I say to L. I was calling him through video call.

"You're too kind to me (Y/N). You really don't have to, you know" L replied back to me, showing me that sweet smile.

"Of course I do! After everything you've just done for me, you deserve a treat!" I giggle.

"Aw. Why thank you (Y/N). This is why I'd never leave your side. You're always doing nice things for me" L said, with a cute giggle.

I giggle back, then smile back at him.

It seemed so nice. Talking to L like this every time I came home from work. I always wanted to check on him and make sure he was okay. I was always worried about him.

Everything was fine...until that point.

"So, how's work been for you (Y/N)? I heard you're having to work later and for even longer now. I'm sure it can't be easy for you" L asks me.

"Yeah, it is a little tricky. We're short staffed now so that's why I'm w-"

And that's when the impact happened...

"(Y/N)? (Y/N)?! CAN YOU HEAR ME?! WHAT'S HAPPENED?!" I hear L shout before I blacked out.

L's Pov

All I heard was a crash and (Y/N)'s phone flew out her hand. I could no longer see her. All I got was a view of the roof of the bus she was riding in.

But it didn't look pretty...

I panicked and ended the call. I immediately traced our call to find where (Y/N) actually was and I had Watari drive me to the location straight away.

Once I got there, it was a disaster.

I saw the bus (Y/N) was riding in when I got out of the car. It appeared that a lorry had collided with the bus, injuring everyone inside. The bus was on fire too which made everything so much worse. There were fire engines, ambulances and police cars everywhere.

I was in so much shock. I had to get to (Y/N)! I had to make sure she was okay!

"Please let me through! My girlfriend is in that bus! I have to make sure she's okay!" I say to the police officer.

"I'm sorry sir, but we can't let you through. This road is dangerous now" he replied.

"Please! I'm L! You need to let me through!"

It was at that point the cop let me through and I rushed over to the scene.

I saw paramedics rushing into the bus to get people out on stretchers and into ambulances. I saw two of them carry out (Y/N).

My eyes widened at the state she was in. I never imagined I'd see her like this. She was covered in bruises, cuts and burn marks.

I rush over to her.