Sleep Tight

"Alright! Time for me to head to bed for the night" you say to L, turning off your computer and stretching your limbs.

"I'm going to rest too" L says as he turns off his computer too and stands up from his seat, shoving his hands in his pockets.

You freeze for a sec.

"Uh...L? You in there?" You walk over to him and knock on his forehead, to which he takes a step back and rubs his forehead.

"That's not funny (Y/N)" he sighed.

"I know, but you of all people?! Normally you'd use the same excuse: 'I'm too busy with work, so I won't be sleeping tonight' as a way to get out of sleeping which I can't understand" you say, folding your arms. "Why would you wanna give up precious sleep?!"

"Actually, I have a very good reason for wanting to sleep tonight" L said.

"Oh yeah? Why's that?"

"(Y/N), I think I'd like to sleep with you tonight" L states.

"W-Woah! What?!" You say, startled, as you feel your face start to heat up.

"Not in a sexual way or anything! Please don't get the wrong idea!" L says as his face goes slightly pink.

"Please explain...Why now?!"

"Well, we've been going out for 2 months now. I thought that it wouldn't be weird if we decided to sleep together one night..." L says, looking down at the floor and tracing circles on the floor with his foot.

"I guess that's true..." you begin.

"Plus, I've been rather lonely when you're not around. I struggle to focus on work and I get stressed because I don't have you to talk to. Sometimes it causes me to fall asleep on my desk. Plus, with me having nightmares a lot too, it really doesn't help my situation. I just don't want to be lonely anymore. I...want to sleep with you (Y/N) from now on. But only if you want to though. I wouldn't want to force you..."

L then looks away and takes his hands out his pockets.

"Sorry, this really doesn't make any sense. Forget I said anything..."

L then went to go upstairs to his floor but you stop him by grabbing his arm.

"What are you doing?" L asks.

"Taking you to my room" you state. "Come on."

"A-Are you sure?" L asks, his eyes widening.

"Yeah, I don't mind at all."

You pull L up the stairs, to your floor and into your bedroom.

"There's plenty of room for the two of us so you don't have to worry about that" you say to him as you get under the covers of your bed.

L just stood at the door.

"Well? What are you waiting for? I thought you wanted to sleep with me" you say with a smile.

"You're really not freaked out by me suddenly asking to sleep with you?" L asked. "If I were you, I would've needed more time...I hope this isn't too much trouble..."

"Look, it's totally fine. If this is gonna make you less stressed and lonely, then I'll sleep with you" you reply.

"You're very kind (Y/N)" L smiled as his cheeks went pink. He walked over to the bed and got under the covers next to you.

"Alright then. Goodnight L" you say as you switch off the lamp on the bedside table.

"Goodnight (Y/N)..." L whispered.