Break

"New York, New York..." Emily sighed, as the team exited the plane.

"Home, sweet home." Lily smiled, as she entered the SUV that was waiting for them at the airport.

"It's a shame we're going right to the suburbs, huh?" Morgan asked, grabbing his bag.

"Yeah..." Lily sighed. "Yeah, it is."

***

That county had quite a big Police Station, and it also had, beside it, a place where they trained the officer's dogs. Lily never thought she would be scared of them. Actually, when she was younger, she'd had one. It was a family dog. She and her siblings decided on naming him Teddy. He was a very sweet dog, and she never had a problem with him. But after that day on the barn, every time she heard a bark, her whole body would freeze.

"Lily." JJ called, and she jumped slightly. "Sorry, didn't mean to scare you."

"No, it's okay." Lily shook her head. "I'm fine."

"You don't look fine." Emily chirped in, sitting down beside Lily, leaving her in between the two older women. "What's the matter?"

"Nothing, I guess I'm just distracted." Lily looked down at the papers in her hands. When she saw the scratches in the girl's bodies, she shivered. JJ and Emily exchanged a worried glance.

"Look, Lil." JJ said, pulling the paper's out of her grasp. "You are still affected by what happened with Henkel."

"I'm not." She lied. "I'm fine. I'm just..."

"No, you're not." Emily interrupted. "We can see that the dogs outside affect you, Lily. And for God's sake, if they didn't... I'd just assume you were heartless."

"Emily's right, Lily." JJ nodded, talking in her calm and comforting voice. "You and Spencer are both distracted, we can tell. But of course you would be. He was abducted and tortured. You were attacked by three bloodthirsty dogs. It's okay to be scared."

"Fine. I am scared. I am distracted. But that doesn't mean I can't do my job."

"No one said that." Another voice chirped in. Gideon. "They are right, Lily. You need rest. And since you're here in New York, why don't you stay a few days with your family?"

"Gideon, really, I appreciate it, but..."

"It was not a suggestion, Lillian." He said, sternly, before turning to leave. "Two weeks, at least."

Lily looked at Emily and JJ before sighing.

"Two weeks it is, then."