Scarecrow

Episode: 12x08

When Lily opened the door to the small room she and her team were staying in city, she noticed Spencer was on the phone, so she stood a few steps back to try and give him some privacy.

"I'm gonna call you back later, ok? Alright. I love you." He said, as he hung up the call.

"Is everything all right?" Lily asked, as she noticed the frown settling on Spencer's face.

"It's my mom." He said, his voice had a mixture of fear, sadness and worriedness that made Lily's heart clench. "She was confused. There she was and she was convinced that her friends had been kidnapped. She wanted us to investigate."

"Spence, I'm sorry." She mumbled, placing her tea and his coffee that she brought for the pair of them down on the table.

"This was my biggest fear, you know, about getting her into the clinical trial. I think she's getting a placebo." He admitted, as she took a step closer to him.

"But you said she was getting better."

"She was." He argued, before frowning even more. "Or I... I was... I don't know, I was fooling myself into thinking that. Maybe I wanted to believe it so much that I was experiencing the placebo effect, too."

Lily sighed, as she racked her brain, trying to figure out what was it that she should say. When nothing came in mind, she bit her lip.

"Is there anything I can do?" She asked.

"I don't know." He mumbled.

In a second, Lily grabbed Spencer's hand and pulled him in for a hug, burying her face in his chest and letting him rest his chin over her head as always. As they held each other for a minute, she was glad it was only the two of them.

"I'm sorry." She whispered and she felt him nod, she knew he was thankful for her efforts.

***

 "You okay?" Spencer's voice snapped her head toward him for once, instead of looking at Rachel as her fiancé squeezed himself with her in the small kitchenette of the jet.

"Yeah." She nodded. "Sometimes I just feel better while standing. Coffee?"

"Yes, please." He nodded.

Lily smiled as she spun around and started to breed him some coffee. She took a deep breath before picking up her own mug of tea and turning back around, facing him once more as she leaned back against the table.

"Spence..." She started gently, causing him to nod at her encouragingly. "I think you should go visit your mother."

"But..."

"No, listen to me..." She interrupted him, placing the mug down despite not having taken a sip out of it and walked forward so her body was pressing slightly against his. "I know that's hard to hear and I know you don't want to hear it, but I need to say it. You have a limited time with your mom, now, Spence, and you know it. If she's not comfortable or in trouble, you can't hesitate in flying over to her because it might be the last time you'll ever see her. A few years back, I was in the same position as you, but I picked my job over my mom cause I thought she'd get over that relapse like she did all others. But she didn't. And not going see her when I had the chance... That's my biggest regret in life. So don't make the same mistakes I did, Spence. Go see your mom. She needs you and I'm sure seeing you will make her just that bit better." She finished with a smile, turning around from him before he could say anything. She poured two mugs of coffee and gave them both to Spencer. "I think Emily is in need for a coffee." 

***

As soon as they arrived at the bureau, Spencer hastily said his good-nights to the team before placing a quick kiss to Lily's lips as he ran toward his car so he could drive home and pack his bags to fly to Houston as soon as possible. Just in as much hurry, Rachel smiled at the team before hugging Lily and thanking her for the experience.

Lily and Emily took turns explaining the whole situation to the team as they waited for the elevator doors to open.

"How long is Reid going to be in Houston?" Luke asked.

"I told him to take as long as he needs to be with his mom." Emily answered.

"It's gotta be tough on the kid." Rossi said.

"I can only imagine." Tara sighed.

"And Brooklyn won't stay with us?" Luke asked as Lily shook her head.

"You scared her off." She joked, as the man chuckled.

"But you'll find somebody else, right?" JJ asked. "I mean... We can't stay without a laison."

"I'll need to look over some resumes again, but hopefully I'll find someone soon." She sighed.

"Well, it's not too late." Tara announced, just as the elevator doors opened. "Anybody else for a round at O'Keefe's?"

"I'm in." JJ cheered.

"I'm buyin'." Rossi smiled.

"Buying what?" Penelope asked, as she stopped right in front of them with a smile.

"Drinks at O'Keefe's." Emily responded.

"Huzzah. I'll go get my things." She cheered.

"Anybody knows who this is?" Luke asked.

At that question, Lily frowned and looked through the glass windows of the bullpen, just in time to notice the man standing there, with his back toward them.

"Stephen?" Emily asked with a smiled, as she entered the bullpen with a smile.

"I thought I'd check out where we keep the paper clips around here." The man responded, also smiling.

"You gotta be kidding me. Stephen Walker, how you been?" Rossi asked, as he stepped forward to shake Stephen's hand.

"Never better, Dave." He answered. "Never better."

"Is this your secret weapon?" The older Agent asked as Emily nodded.

"Yeah. I told you I didn't want to jinx it." She smiled. "Everyone, I'd like you to meet SSA Stephen Walker from the B.A.P."

"Agent Prentiss knows this, but I have followed and admired the work of the BAU for years." He said. "So when she called and asked me to join the team, the answer was easy."

"So I take it this is a yes."

"Well, I thought I'd call, but they said you had just landed."

"Let me be the first to welcome you." Penelope smiled one of her bright smiles before extending her hand for him to shake.

"Hey, you're forgetting something." Luke said, as Garcia rolled her eyes.

"I'm forgetting nothing, newbie." She said, as Lily giggled.

"Told ya." JJ shrugged as Luke gasped.

"I only ask that you allow a day or two before the hazing begins." Emily said, as they all laughed.

"Oh, come on, a whole day? Tough ask, boss." Tara mocked.

"Welcome aboard, Stephen." Rossi nodded, as the tall man did the same back at him.

"I appreciate that."

"Luke Alvez." Luke introduced, as they shook hands.

"Hello, Luke."

"Hey. Lily." The red haired woman did the same before they all introduced themselves. He seemed like a serious guy, but even so, somehow, Lily felt he would fit just right with the rest of them.