Truth or dare

Episode: 14x15

"We all have a monster within; the difference is in degree, not in kind." - Douglas Preston

"You guys, you should have seen Reid." Luke smiled as he walked into the conference room with Spencer after his shooting test that morning. "He shot a 100."

"A hundred?" Lily gasped, impressed as her fiance sat down on the empty chair beside her with a shrug of his shoulders, trying not to look so smug as everyone turned to him surprised.

"Yeah, he qualified to shoot a possible." Luke continued.

"That's a perfect score." Tara said. "What, like 200 agents have made the wall of glory."

"He hit everything." Luke sat down, even if he was still very much excited about Spencer's tests results. "I mean, at one point I thought he must have two guns."

"Maybe I did." Spencer shrugged again as Lily shook her head.

"Ok, I think this will work." Penelope announced as she walked into the room with a bowl full of candy.

"Wow, where have you been hiding those?" JJ asked as Penelope just laughed and sat down as well.

"So, Alvez, what did you shoot?" Tara asked, as she started shuffling the cards in her hands so they could start the game of poker they had agreed on.

"95." Luke smirked.

"Wow." Matt nodded, impressed. "I did too. What did you shoot, Lily?"

"Me?" Lily shook her head then. "91."

"Oh, so I'm better than you at something, huh?" Luke teased, as Lily quicked from underneath the table.

"Well, you gotta be better than me at something, right?" She teased him back, as everyone laughed. "What about you, Tara?"

"Hundred, come on." She huffed, unimpressed as Lily smiled.

"No. No way." Luke scoffed. "Ok. I mean, you're good, but you are not that good."

"That's not what your daddy said last night." She joked as everyone burst out laughing again and Luke rolled his eyes with a smile.

"Oh!"

"Lucky daddy." Luke teased her back, as Tara started to give out the cards with a chuckle.

"I am loving this time right now, but two days without a case, it feels weird." Penelope said, as everyone nodded in agreement.

"It feels like we could be doing some of this waiting at home." Tara said.

"Yeah, yeah, Rossi stepped out." Luke said.

"Rossi's getting married in two days, and we're all still on the clock." Emily said.

"Guys, I feel like this is gonna be the hot seat." Matt spoke up as everyone was finally given their cards so their game of poker could begin.

"Yeah, you do know he's been banned from every casino in Vegas, right?" JJ asked, nodding at Spencer.

"Really?" Matt raised an eyebrow as Spencer nodded. "With a deck of 52 cards, the number of combinations is a factorial of 52. You simply need to calculate your outs and then your implied odds. Math is the basis of all card games."

"All right, ladies and gentlemen, today's game's 5 card." Tara announced. "Roll them out. The big blind is 50. The baby is 25."

From across the table, Lily could see Emily leaning over to JJ, looking a little confused at Tara's choice of words, apparently.