The job

Episode: 11x01

Lily got out of the car with Spencer, Morgan and Rossi, only to be met by a thousand cars outside the office of the next victim of the hit man they were looking for that Penelope and Derek had managed to deduce.

"Gentlemen... Ma'am... Captain Wilson, Baltimore SWAT." A man introduced himself with a nod in their direction.

"How do you want to do this Captain?" Morgan asked.

"We'll clear the area. Once it's done, inside is yours. Sounds good?"

Rossi nodded. Wilson then did the same before leaving as Lily and the boys followed him close. A few other of his men stepped in front of them as they kicked the workshop open.

"Police!" Wilson called out.

"Don't shot! Do not shot!" The man Lily supposed to be the victim yelled.

"Come out with your hands up!" Morgan demanded, pointing the gun at him.

"That's gonna be real hard! Real hard, look!"

He lifted his hands and Lily frowned at what he was holding. His wrists were tied, but she could easily form a grenade in his cupped hands.

"What's that you've got in your hand?" Wilson asked.

"A grenade!" Morgan yelled.

"Drop it!"

As the whole room started yelling over one another, Lily shook her head, as she took a step forward.

"Weapons down! Weapons down!" She screamed, causing everyone to obey her. "You really can't put that down, can you?"

"No!"

Lily placed her gun back in her belt and kneeled in front of him, as she analyzed the glued grenade in his hands.

"What did he use?" Spencer asked, as he too stepped forward.

"Over there." He nodded toward the table, from where Morgan picked up a glue bottle.

"It's dry and set over the pinhole." Lily said. "Do you have any acetone?"

"That's not gonna work."

"Lily, he's right. This is industrial acrylic. It holds car parts together." Morgan said.

"Bomb squad is ten minutes away." Wilson said, as Rossi spun around to talk to him. "I'll take my men out and establish a perimeter. Maybe we can still catch this guy out."

"We're staying." The Italian Agent decided.

"Okay, we're going block to block, gentlemen." Wilson told his peers before they left.

As Lily and Morgan helped the man up, Spencer kept looking around, trying to think of a solution.

"Look, you've gotta do something, okay?" He pleaded, as Lily nodded.

"We will. But we need to stay still, stay still."

"Okay, okay. He pulled the pin, I'm holding down this clamp here, but my hand is cramping so just... Just do something!"

"Lily, four cars." Spencer suddenly said, causing the woman to turn and look at him.

"What about it?"

"Each car has a battery, right? And each battery is an electrolyte solution of 62% water, 38% sulfuric acid."

"No, guys, that's not gonna work." Morgan interjected.

"Why not?" Rossi asked.

"Because the acrylic will stay bounded to the metal."

"That's true, but it'll also create a saponification effect." Lily added. "The grenade will literally slide off his hand like a soap. Course there will be... An incredibly painful sensation of burning and the smell will be horrendous, but..."

"You're not burning my hands, that's not..."

"Stay still!" Morgan yelled, as he pulled the man's hand back from where he and Lily were holding it steady.

"Listen pal, you've got yourself into this mess, so unless you have a better idea, just shut up!" Rossi said, sternly, causing the man to nod.

Passing her post to Rossi, Lily ran off to help Spencer to make the mixture they needed. As he pulled out a bit of every car's liquid batteries, Lily mixed them all on a pot. Rossi and Morgan kept holding the man's hands, trying to keep the grenade as still as possible.

"Okay, so someone's gonna hold the grenade while this is... Is..."

"This is my job." Rossi interrupted the distressed man.

"This is gonna hurt, but you'll survive." Spencer assured, as he prepared himself to pour the mixture in his hands.

Lily took her previous place beside the man to pull his hands back with Morgan to help the grenade slide so he wouldn't have to endure too much pain.

"Is everybody ready?" Spencer asked, as the man took deep some breathes.

"Yeah, just watch your aim, kid." Rossi mumbled. "My hand is on the lever."

"Okay, we're gonna need you to help us pull." Morgan said, as the man nodded.

Spencer started pouring the substance and as foam started to form, the man screamed. Lily pulled his right arm back as Morgan did the same with the left and not seconds later, the grenade had fallen into Rossi's hand.

"I've got it!" He yelled.

"Rossi, are we safe?" Lily asked, as she helped the man out of his restrains.

"Yeah, the lever is still..." When he stopped talking, she knew something was wrong. "Run!"

He yelled. Out of instinct, Lily pushed the man forward, toward the exit of his workshop as Rossi threw the grenade as far as possible. They all ran out of the building, but when the explosion hit, Lily was the only one not undercover. She fell to the ground and placed her hands over her head, as she waited for the remains of walls and tables to fly over her. When the dust subsided, she lifted herself off the ground with a groan, as Rossi rushed to help her up.

"You okay?" He asked, concerned. Spencer stood by her other side, running careful eyes over her body, trying to find any evidence of harm.

"I'm fine." She coughed, whipping her clothes clean. She watched as Morgan cuffed the man a few feet away from them. "I just hope he gives us something, cause I'll be pissed if I went through this for nothing."