Hope

Episode: 7x08

With Emily, JJ, Rossi and Hotch in another car heading toward Bill's second address, Penelope, Lily, Spencer and Morgan finally arrived to his house.

"They're in." Spencer said, as the four of them exited the car. He was on the phone with JJ as they communicated their situation to one another.

"Officer, we need bolt cutters." Lily said to the D.C. policeman that came with them as she noticed the chains on the gate.

"They cleared the location." Spencer said, before turning off the phone.

"Okay, Reid and I and these two officers will check the perimeter to see if we can find a point of entry." Morgan decided as Lily nodded. He turned to the officers. "You with me, you go with Dr. Reid."

"You know, this could take hours. I don't know if Monica has this much time." Spencer mumbled, before one of the officers broke the chains and the four of them entered the yard of the house.

"Right..." Lily said, as she walked to Penelope with her phone in hands. "We need to treat this as a hostage situation. I need you to be attentive and compassionated, just tell him whatever he wants to hear."

"Okay." Penelope said, taking the phone from her. "I've got this, I've got this."

They waited as the phone rang, before it landed on the voicemail.

"Hello, this is Bill. Please leave a message."

Taking one last glance at Lily, Penelope took a deep breath, before starting to talk.

"Bill, it's Penelope from the support group. Bill, I'm not going to go away and I need to talk to her. I know Monica is in there and I need you to put her on the phone."

Lily nodded.

"Monica can't come to the phone right now." Bill said.

"Put her on the phone, Bill." Penelope insisted.

"You know I can't do that." He said, in heavy breathes.

"I think you can, Bill." She said. "Right now, I am the only thing that's gonna help you out of this. And I want to help you, but you need to put her on the phone."

After a second of agony, a woman's voice same through the phone and by Penelope's breath of relieve, Lily assumed it was Monica.

"Hello?" She asked.

"Monica." Penelope whispered.

"She's dead." She cried.

"There you go." Bill said. "She's fine."

When he hung up the call, Penelope stared at Lily.

"Call him again." The red headed nodded.

Penelope did, and surprisingly enough, he picked it up.

"Penelope..." He said. "I'm not a... I'm not much of a phone person. So... If you want to continue this conversation, in private... The door's open."

"Penelope, don't!" Monica cried.

In a second, Penelope had turned off the phone and handed it back to Lily.

"Okay, I'm going in there." She said, as she started to walk toward the gates.

"Penelope, no. Penelope!" Lily called, as she followed her.

"Lily, I have to. I have to!" She pleaded.

Lily sighed, as she looked around.

"Okay. But I need you to stay close."

She picked up her gun and walked in front of Penelope until they both made their way to Bill's door.

"Lily, we're in." Morgan's voice came through the mic in her vest.

"Alright, go ahead." She nodded to Penelope, as the blonde woman made her way into the house.

Lily stayed put, waiting to jump into action if needed, but as she heard Bill, Monica and Penelope, she decided her friend was handling it well enough. It wasn't until she heard Morgan's voice that she entered the house.

Bill was on the floor with Monica in his grip, pointing a gun toward her, Penelope stood by the door, beside Morgan.

"Bill, drop the gun." Morgan said.

"Do what he says." Penelope pleaded.

"Drop it. Now."

"It's okay, Bill."

"Nice and easy." Spencer said, as he entered the room through the kitchen.

The three of them had their guns pointed at him, so, seeing no other choice, he complied, putting the gun on the floor.

"Now, put your hands where I can see them." Morgan demanded, as Bill slowly obeyed.

"Slowly step away from Monica." Spencer added.

Bill got up and all eyes and guns followed him.

"Easy..." Morgan said.

It was in a split of second that it all changed.

"Monica!" Penelope cried out, just before a shot was heard.

Penelope ran toward Monica as Lily ran to Bill, placing a hand on his wound and another on his neck, checking for pulse. She sighed, before shaking her head. He was gone.

"He killed my baby!" Monica cried in Penelope's arms. Lily glanced at them as she got up with her hands covered in blood. "He killed my baby!"