Monsters

Date night - Part 2

The ride from the roller rink to Spencer and Lily's house had been quiet. Well, Cat hadn't stopped gushing about getting to see Spencer Reid's apartment, but she talked mostly to herself. As he guided her to his door, Luke waited for him, a worried look on his face.

"Spencer." He whispered, as Spencer fumbled a little with his keys. "You sure you want to do this, man?"

"Whatever it takes." Spencer whispered back, going to push open the door, only to have Cat stop him.

"Hey." She called, making Spencer turn back to her. "Did you really mean what you said?"

"Yes."

"Prove it." Cat said. "And make it good. Because I'm this close to letting them die."

And, after a moment of hesitation, Spencer grabbed Cat by the face and brought her lips to his in a kiss. It was different from the kisses he shared with Lily. Those were tender and sweet, filled with nothing but love and affection. Even after one of them had been in danger during a case or when passion was taking over behind their four walls, Spencer could always feel the gentleness and the love that Lily held for him. But this... This was something else entirely. It was... Primal and dark and heavy and Spencer wasn't sure how much he liked it. He wasn't sure why he liked it at all, actually.

Cat seemed to enjoy it, however, and she seemed to enjoy it even more when she pushed the door open behind them only to reveal a very distressed looking Lily standing there in the middle of their living room with Fred at her feet and one of Alec's blankets in her hands.

"What are you doing here?" Spencer asked, as soon as he pulled away from Cat, his mind still swirling in confusion as he rushed toward Lily, noticing the tears in her eyes. "What's wrong?"

"Alec's missing too." She cried out and those were all the words Spencer needed to snap back to reality.

As soon as his son was mentioned Spencer stopped thinking about Cat and he stopped thinking about Lily. He stopped thinking about Eleanor and Shawn and the case. In that moment, all that mattered was Alec and get his baby back in their arms safely. So, he reached forward to cup Lily's face in his hands and he half expected her to push him away - he wouldn't blame her either, with all the stress she was under and having half of her family in danger and having just seen her fiance kissing no one other than Cat Adams. But she didn't. So Spencer leaned down a little to whisper in her ear.

"Follow my lead. We can outsmart her." He said. "Let her gloat. She loves to gloat. Just don't show fear or she'll use it against you."

And, at that, Lily nodded, stepping away from Spencer as she clutched Alec's blanket in a fist.

"We're all here." Spencer said, as Cat slowly walked inside the house, looking around lazily. "What do you want to talk about?"

"So, so much." Cat scoffed at him before glancing Lily up and down for a second. "She's as cute as I remember. Did it make you mad that I was kissing your fiance?"

"No." Lily breathed out as Cat frowned.

"Why not?"

"Well, I kind of have some other things on my mind."

"Like what?"

"Are you gonna hurt Eleanor?" She asked. "Are you... Are you gonna hurt my son?"

"Not if I don't have to, no." Cat shrugged as she sat down in the settee they had around. "Honestly, if your sister follows instructions, your son will be fine and she might even learn from this whole experience."