Gatekeeper

Episode: 9x07

Flying back from Boston, Lily noticed Spencer and Rossi talking quietly at the end of the jet, so as soon as she finished pouring herself some tea, she walked up to them and stood by Spencer's chair.

"What are you complaining about?" Lily giggled, as Rossi sighed.

"There this bar where, a few years ago, the marine and the army used to go to whenever they could to get some drinks and have some fun, you know?" He asked, causing the woman to nod. "But it's closing now."

"Why?" She frowned.

"No one goes there anymore." He said. "But it still is a good place. Reid knows it. He went there with me."

Lily turned to face her boyfriend, who just shrugged, with a smile.

"I bet it is a great place, Rossi, but like... When you say a few years ago, you mean what? 20?"

Rossi groaned. He always hated discussing his past with Lily. He was in his late fifties and the girl was at the bright age of 32. It was almost unfair.

"I'll take this as a yes, then." She laughed. "But don't worry, Rossi. We'll help you with that."

"How?" He asked, as she smirked, going to take her place beside JJ again.

"I have a plan."

***

"I don't believe that... Any of the members of this team have heard you sing..." Hotch smirked as the whole team stood, drinks in hands, at the bar Rossi had said.

With the help of her best friend, Penelope Garcia, Lily had convinced all of them to gather a night to honor the closing bar their oldest member loved so dearly. Of course, with the prospect of a good time and a few shots, everyone agreed and so, three nights after arriving from Boston, there they were.

"Next up, is David Rossi." The owner of the bar announced in the microphone of the karaoke, as Rossi groaned at Hotch.

"That was intentional." He accused.

"Next up is David Rossi." Hotch responded as Lily laughed.

With a glare, he turned to walk toward the stage as the crowd cheered.

"Dave... Get your ass up here and sing us a song already." The lady smirked, before leaving the microphone only for Rossi.

As the song started, the whole team stepped forward for a better look.

"For all the good memories that happened between these walls..." He toasted, raising his glass. "If you think I'm doing this without back-up, you're nuts. JJ, Reid... Come on!"

Penelope grabbed a hold of Lily's hand, but the young woman stood her ground with a fond smile and a shake of her head.

"Can't sing." She shrugged. "Sorry."

With a whine, she gave up and ran up the stage, Spencer and JJ following close behind. The blonde Profiler tried to call Morgan, but the man only smiled and shook his head. Sharing two microphones and singing badly, the four of them pulled a laugh out of everyone in the room, as they sang the Piano Man.

"It's nine o'clock on a Saturday

The regular crowd shuffles in

There's an old man sitting next to me

Making love to his tonic and gin"

Hotch pulled out his phone, as Lily kept pushing Morgan forward.

"Go on! Go on!" She urged, as Blake laughed, swaying to the song slightly.

When JJ waved Morgan over, he gave up, running toward the stage, but pulling Lily with him. The woman tried to fight, but when both, him and Spencer grabbed hold of her, she knew she was doomed.

"He says, "Son, can you play me a memory?"

"How does it go?" Garcia yelled in the microphone, causing Lily to laugh loudly.

"I'm not really sure how it goes"

"How does it feel?"

"But it's sad and it's sweet and I knew it complete

When I wore younger man's clothes"

La la la, de de da

La la, de de da da da..."