Copycat

LMOLM - Part 3

"Did you talk to Lily yesterday?" JJ asked, as she, Spencer and Morgan lounged at the bullpen, waiting for the rest of the team to arrive.

"Yeah." He answered and the woman frowned at his curt answer.

"And..." Morgan said.

"She didn't say anything." He shrugged.

"Spence..."

"I'm grabbing myself a cup of coffee." He interrupted a very worried JJ, getting up harshly from his seat. "Do you want anything?"

"No, thank you." She refused gently, sharing a quick glance with Morgan.

"I'm good, thanks." He said.

Spencer nodded and grabbed his case file, before heading out of the bullpen. But of course, luck was never on his side, since, as soon as the elevator's door opened, Lily stepped out, almost tripping over him. Spencer, out of pure instinct, reached out for her and placed a hand on her waist to help her stand upright, but as soon as she did, he let go of her and entered the elevator to leave. She stood there, looking at the closed doors for a second, stunned. He didn't even give her a good morning. Or a smile.

"Shit..." She mumbled, realizing then just how mad Spencer was at her. She snapped out of her own thoughts when her phone rang in her pocket. Reaching for it, she made her way to her office, avoiding eye contact with JJ and Morgan, who watched the whole scene, astonished. "Agent Scottley."

She sighed in relief as she closed the door of her office, throwing her bag t the small sofa at the side and double-checking if the curtains were closed.

"Good morning, Agent, this is Detective Gonzales, from the Albuquerque P.D., do you remember me?"

"Yeah, of course." Lily nodded, sitting down in her desk. "Is everything alright, Detective?"

"Not really, no."

"Why?"

"Okay, so, here's what happened..."

Lily listened carefully and when he finished his report, she assured him she would be talking to her Unit Chief about it and returning his call as soon as possible. When she hung up the phone, she stuffed it in her pocket and looked for the two files she needed before heading to Hotch's office. After knocking and waiting for his permission to get in, she placed the folders in his desk and sat down in front of him.

"Remember when a few weeks ago I talked to you about a body showing up with its mouth sewed again?" She asked, showing him the photo of one of The Silencer's case they solved about two and a half months prior.

"The copycat." He said.

"Yes, but I just got out of the phone with Detective Gonzales from Albuquerque and he said they found a body in Las Cruces that had someone else's leg attached to it. Just like John Nelson's case."

"So someone's copying every case we've solved?" Hotch asked, as he went through the files Lily had brought him on both cases they discussed.

"That's what is looking like."

"Get everybody in the conference room, now. We need to let them know." He said, getting up and re-organizing the files.

Lily only nodded and exited Hotch's office, and as he called Rossi, she looked over the bullpen.

"We have a case?" JJ frowned.

"No. But we need to talk." She answered. "Where are Morgan and Penelope?"

"His office, downstairs." The woman answered.

"Go get them. And then, conference room."

"Yes, ma'am." She smirked, as Lily rolled her eyes, giggling slightly, before turning around to walk toward the round table.