Wheels up

Episode: 13x01

"Hold on when there is nothing in you except the will which says, 'Hold on!'" - Rudyard Kipling

They had barely settled Diana back in Spencer's apartment when they got the call from a very frenetic Penelope Garcia telling them the team was hurt and that they should go to the hospital. In the car, as Lily drove, she asked George to head to Spencer's apartment to stay with Diana for a while.

"I'm sorry I'm asking you to do all these things, it's just..."

"Don't worry, Lily." He assured. "I came here to help you, didn't I? So I will."

"Thank you." She smiled, as Spencer glanced at her from the passenger seat.

"Don't worry." He responded. "Be safe."

"Always am."

When she turned off the phone, she noticed Spencer looking at her. She frowned, turning to look at him instead of the road for a second.

"You okay?"

"Your brother has been helping you with Alec?" He asked, as she nodded.

"He insisted." She said. "After you... I mean, after that incident in Mexico he insisted I wasn't one second unsupervised."

He nodded and said nothing else. Lily sighed, felling her grip on the steering wheel tightening slightly. She knew what was going through his head. That should've been him. The one to look after her and their son. The one to watch him doing all those small things for the first time like the first night at home, or waking up in the middle of the night because he couldn't sleep, or placing a finger in front of him just for him to grab it gently... He wanted to be there for all of it, but he couldn't. And nothing either of them did would change it.

After a long and quiet ride to the hospital, they finally arrived and as soon as Lily parked the car, Spencer was out, and running inside without even waiting for her. She sighed, but reached for the support in the panel of her car to grab her cellphone.

Georgie: Already at Spencer's. We're all okay for now.

Lily: Good. Tell me if something goes wrong.

When she entered the building, she found Spencer pacing around the hall as they waited for the team to be brought in. Lily walked up to him and placed a hand over his arm, causing him to stop for a second and turn to stare at her.

"They'll be okay." She assured.

Spencer barely had time to nod before he saw JJ being wheeled in. He rushed to her and she smiled gently despite all the blood over her face.

"Hey." He smiled down at her, as she reached out to grab his hand.

"Spence."

Lily watched as they went and stayed put in place when they wheeled in Tara and Rossi. She frowned. Before she could even start to worry, she felt a warm hand on the small of her back and jumped slightly, before spinning around just to see Luke standing there.

"Oh, Luke..." She sighed, throwing her arms around his neck as he pulled her into an embrace. "I'm so glad you're okay. What happened? Where're Walker and Emily?"

When he let go of her but refused to meet her eyes, she felt all the stress she had been keeping in coming up her throat.

"Luke. What happened?" She demanded, causing him to sigh and run a hand through his hair in despair.

"Prentiss is missing." He said, as she gasped, placing a hand over her mouth. "And Walker... Walker is dead."

"No..." She whispered, as he nodded.