Breath play

Episode: 10x17

Lily smiled at another one of Rossi's stories as the whole team waited for Derek and Kate to arrive the conference room.

"I swear, I've never been more scared in my life." The old man said, as Lily and JJ exchanged a glance, before giggling. "You don't believe me. That's fine, but... Just so you know-"

"You guys! You guys!" Penelope happily said, as she entered the room, cutting Rossi short and dragging Kate along with her. Lily placed a hand on the Agent's shoulder when he realized he wouldn't be able to convince the two women that his story was real. "Kate has the best news! Say it before we have to do the other stuff."

"Good morning, I'm pregnant."

At that, the whole team lighted up and took turns hugging Kate.

"Buona Fortuna." Rossi smiled.

"Congratulations!" Spencer cheered.

"Congratulations again." Hotch said, as he probably already knew the news.

"Yes!" JJ giggled, as she hugged Kate tight. "Okay, so when I was pregnant, I wore headphones in my belly because I didn't want Henry listening to all this creepy stuff."

"Oh, that's a great idea, what did you listen to?"

"Hum... Beatles, Bee-gees... Spence insisted that he listened to Mozart."

"Nice." Kate smiled.

Taking a deep breath and realizing she was the only one left to say her congratulations, Lily walked over to Kate and gave her an honest smile. She knew they knew. Of course they did. The second she stepped inside the BAU with every evidence of not sleeping at all the day after the one they came back from Texas and saw their hurt and sorry faces, she knew they knew. So she made of point of making sure Kate didn't feel uncomfortable around her.

"I'm really, really happy, Kate, honestly." She whispered, as they embraced each other.

"I'm sorry." She said back.

It slipped. She had been warned. Lily didn't like hearing those words. She heard them far too often and they brought far too many memories, but, somehow, hearing Kate saying them so sincerely and in a situation like that, it felt good.

"Don't be." She said, as she pulled away from her. "As long as I get to be the Godmother, that's fine."

"You are already Henry's! It's my turn now." Penelope chirped in, causing everyone to laugh.

Lily shook her head and waited for her team to settle down, before picking up the remote to start her presentation.

"Okay, so... Madison, Wisconsin..."