Cradle to grave

Episode: 5x05

Lily took her eyes off the television, when she heard a knock in her door. She got up from her couch, placed Fred down and went to look at the peephole just to find Spencer and Garcia standing there. She smiled, before opening the door.

"Hey." She greeted. "Caught some bad guys?"

"We always do, pup." Penelope smiled, before placing a kiss to her forehead as Lily let them enter the apartment.

"A couple was abducting blonde women to get them pregnant." Spencer explained, as he too, entered his best friend's small house. He crouched down to pet a very excited and somewhat awkward Fred.

"Why?" She asked, as she locked the door.

"The wife couldn't get pregnant. She was in a late state of breast cancer and thought that doing that was her last shot."

"Hum..." Lily nodded, sitting on the couch, in between them both, as it became Penelope's turn to play with Fred. "Well... The most exciting thing that happened to me those last four days was that my radio doesn't work anymore."

"You still use the radio?" Penelope asked, as Lily rolled her eyes.

"I have some good CDs, ok?" She giggled, pushing her other best friend slightly. "So... How are things in the BAU?"

"Morgan is doing a good job as Unit Chief." Spencer shrugged.

"And Hotch is taking this well?" She asked.

"He doesn't have much of an option." Penelope answered. "Strauss is all over his ass."

"I see." Lily nodded. She turned to Spencer again. "And your leg?"

"Getting better." He smiled.

"Hey... Can we order a pizza and watch Doctor Who?" Penelope asked, as the two young geniuses laughed.

"As usual?" Spencer asked, walking over to Lily's drawer to retrieve the folder from the pizza place even if he didn't need too. Besides having an eidetic memory, the amount of times the three of them had ordered pizza from Lily's apartment was absurd. "Same as always?" He called from the kitchen.

"Yep." Penelope chirped happily.

She was about to get up to fix Lily's DVD to play their favorite show, when the young woman stopped her.

"Penny? Can I ask you a favor?" She asked, as Penelope sat back down straight and nodded.

"Anything."

"You know, I... I wouldn't be asking if I didn't really need but, I... Oli- His funeral is two days from now. In New York. I was supposed to go alone, but I just... I don't think..."

"You want me to go with you?" Penelope finished, as Lily nodded, looking down.

Penelope reached forward and grabbed both of her best friend's hands, causing her to look up Penelope's smiling face.

"Of course I'll go with you, pup."

"Thank you, Penny." Lily whispered as she hugged the blonde woman. "I love you."

"I love you too." She said, getting up from the couch. "Now, which season do we watch?"

"Pizza will be here in twenty minutes." Spencer announced, walking out of the kitchen and toward the couch. "Let's watch the first."

"Again?" Lily whined, leaning her head against his shoulder as he sat back on the couch.

"What? I like it." He defended. Lily giggled. Penelope smiled as she watched them both interact. If Lily just wasn't so oblivious...

"Season one it is." She said, before setting up the DVD and picking Fred up, as she sat back down on the couch.

Lily smiled. When they were with her, it was difficult not to.