Connor

"We don't have to do this." Lily said, for what felt like the hundredth time that night, as she and Claire sat on her car.

"I want to." Claire responded, also for what felt like the hundredth time.

Lily sighed, and reached for her cellphone when it vibrated beside her.

JJ: We're ready if you are.

Lily: Yeah, we're going in.

"Okay." She said, putting it back in her purse, as she pulled the keys out of the ignition. "Let's go then, shall we?"

Claire opened her door and left the car, fixing her dress slightly before Lily reached her and they both walked side by side into the restaurant. The place was quite nice, but not fancy. Big, but not huge. It had taken Lily and Connor almost a whole week just to agree on a restaurant, but since she was bringing Spencer and JJ for reassurance, she thought it would be only fair to let him have the last word.

"Hum... Table for Floyd?" Lily asked for the lady in the entrance.

The woman looked down at the book in front of her and then smiled at them both. If only she knew why they were there in the first place...

"You are the first ones to arrive. Would you like to be seated?"

"Yes, please." Claire nodded.

As soon as the woman made sure they were comfortable in their seat, Lily ordered a glass of wine as Claire settled for a water. Lily couldn't stop fidgeting. It wasn't until both, Spencer and JJ sat at a table a few meters away from hers – close enough so they could see each other, but far enough so they couldn't really hear their conversation if it wasn't for the mic attached to the neckline of her dress – that she settled.

"It'll be alright." Claire said, as she placed a hand over her shaky thigh. "Trust me."

"I trust you, Claire." Lily responded without a second of hesitation. "I just don't trust him."

Claire gave her a small smile and Lily squeezed her hand in her, before taking a sip of her wine. As soon as she placed the glass down, though, a voice made a shiver down her spine.

"Well, good night, ladies." He said, and, even if she couldn't see it, Spencer's body also stiffened at his presence.

JJ reached out for him and gave him a reassuring smile. It'd be fine, she had promised earlier. Well, he sure hoped so.

Despite being completely ignored by the two young women, Connor sat down in front of them, still trying to get either of them to look at him. Claire was the first to, lifting her bright green eyes to meet his.

"Oh, you look beautiful, Claire..." He said, as Lily scoffed. "I knew the moment I saw you that you'd be become a beautiful woman. Maybe even prettier than your mother."

"Cut the crap, Floyd." Lily growled, as she finally glared at him. "Why did you bring us here?"

"I didn't bring anyone anywhere." He defended with a smirk. "You came here willingly."

Before Lily could open her mouth to speak, a waiter came by and politely asked if they wanted to see the menu.

"I'm not hungry." Lily mumbled, after Floyd took one of the menus from the guy.

"I'd take one." Claire said, glaring at Lily as she reached out to get another. "We'll be here for a while."

Lily turned to look at Claire, before glancing quickly at Spencer.

"It's okay, Lily." His voice came through the point in her ear. "We're here for you."

With a sigh, she accepted the menu from the waiter. He left them to pick their plates, which they all did in silence. When Connor called him back around, he had decided on a steak, while Claire picked pasta and Lily ordered just a salad. She didn't think her stomach would be able to handle much more.