False flag

Episode: 13x09

The second Fred got up from beside Alec to run to the door, Spencer smiled. Lily was coming home. Not three minutes later, he heard the keys from outside their house and the man chuckled at the way the dog wriggled his tail at the prospect of seeing his owner again. When Lily finally pulled the door open, she giggled as Fred attacked her with his usual amount of energy and love.

"Hey, buddy, hey!" She cooed, throwing her go-bag to the floor, before reaching down to scratch his ears. "Oh, I've missed you too, baby. Yeah, I did."

Spencer smiled down at his son on the floor. The way his head snapped toward Lily the second he heard her voice and the way his eyes lit up upon seeing her face made his whole tiring day seem worth it. After giving the attention her dog demanded, Lily locked the door behind her and smiled brightly upon seeing Alec on the floor by Spencer as he sat on the sofa with a book in hands.

"And you, baby?" She cheered in the same baby-voice she used with Fred as she ran toward her son and scooped him up. "You alright? Yeah? That's good, baby... Oh, I've missed you, Alec..."

The baby in her hip kept babbling non-sense and Lily bounced him slightly just to make him laugh. That laugh was everything she needed. Actually, not everything.

Leaning her forehead against her son's and nuzzling his nose affectionally with hers, Lily placed him back down on the floor to walk to Spencer. She flopped down on the sofa beside him and, in a second, his book was down on his lap and his arms were around her frame.

"Hey, you." She smiled, before placing a sweet kiss to his lips.

"Hey." He smiled down at her, after pulling back. "How was the case?"

"Awful." She groaned allowing her head to fall against his shoulder. He chuckled. "So tiring... at least, it wasn't dangerous. I mean... A guy did point his gun at us, but he wasn't going to shot anyway."

Spencer looked down at her and Lily tiredly lifted her head to glance at him. She smiled, and that was when he realized she was actually okay.

"And your classes?" She asked, allowing her gaze to fall back on Alec and Fred, as the dog laid peacefully on the floor, allowing the baby to do whatever he pleased to him.

"Oh, they're going great. I actually love giving them." He gushed, as Lily smiled.

She was worried he wouldn't enjoy. Spencer loved his job at the FBI and she was worried that him being forced to take a month off every three months in the field would be worse than letting him come back to his usual routine. But, apparently, her worries were nothing but worries, since Spencer really did love teaching at the FBI Academy. Apart from being able to share his knowledge - that was endless, by the way - he could come home every day at five o'clock to spend the night with his son and even cook for Lily when she wasn't away on a case.

With a smile always present in her face, she listened to Spencer's rambling, occasionally jumping in to share a few ideas. That was all she needed. Being in Spencer's arms, as they talked about anything and everything, watching over Alec playing and babbling at Fred, who would occasionally nudge the baby playfully, as he laughed. Lily sighed after a few seconds of blissful silence, pushing herself off the couch.

"Well, I better go put the clothes to wash."

"No." Spencer protested, as he pulled her back down. She fell on the couch with a squeal and a giggle as Spencer placed a kiss to her forehead. "Let me do it for you. Why don't you play with Alec for a while? He had been missing you."

Lily smiled lovingly at her fiancé and nodded, watching him get up and walk toward her go-bag from the floor by the door as she sat beside Alec. The baby instantly let go of Fred and crawled his way to his mom, falling down on her lap as she laughed and squeezed him playfully, filling his face with kisses.

All the way from the laundry room, Spencer could hear the amazing sound of Lily's and Alec's sweet laughter and in that moment, he realized just how lucky he really was. When the machine was already filled with Lily's work clothes, he left the room and stood by the kitchen door, from where he could see Lily now talking to their son as he watched her in awe.

"And I bet you'll be as smart as your daddy." She said, as he smiled fondly at them both. "I mean, you already are, right? My smart boy."

At that, Alec giggled, before turning his head to Spencer and lifting both of his arms in his direction. The man's heart filled with love as he went over to them and scooped his son up from Lily's lap to place him in his own as he sat in front of his fiancée. Fred, noticing the free moment his own mom was having, ran over to her and placed his head on her lap, as she instantly started to run her fingers through his fur.

"Hey, Spence?" Lily called, as the man looked up from a very excited Alec to the woman in front of her.

"Hum?"

"Penny wants to make a Christmas party with the whole team." She said. "Rossi said we can all go to his house on Christmas eve to celebrate but only if we take our families. You wanna go? We can visit your mom on the 25th too, if you want."

"I'd love to." He smiled at her as she nodded.

"Also, Penny is making a huge deal of this being Alec's first Christmas, so be prepared... I think Rossi will hire a man to dress as Santa for the kids, but after that day on the mall... We might have a crying baby during the exchange of gifts for them."

Spencer laughed when the memory of the way his son had started bawling upon seeing the red-dressed old man on the mall a few days prior.

"Well, we can always blame it on Garcia." He shrugged as Lily gasped.

"Spencer!"

She reached over to hit his shoulder playfully as he laughed more.

"I'm kidding!" He defended himself. Alec laughed soundly on his lap. "Such a momma's boy, aren't you? Doesn't even defend daddy, do you?"

"Why would he?" Lily laughed as she looked down at Alec, as the baby smiled goofily at her. "Momma is so much cooler, isn't she?"

Spencer smiled. Lily did too. Fred barked lowly upon the realization that he didn't have Lily's full attention anymore. She laughed.

They did have everything.