A+

"Guess who got an A+ on her geography test?"

At the sound of her voice, both Spencer and Lily stopped what they were doing to look at Claire who was basically shining in pride as she walked through the door.

"Really?" Lily smiled as she looked up from Fred, with whom she was playing just seconds earlier.

"Yep." She nodded, as soon as she locked the door behind her.

"Let me see it." Lily said, as she got up from the couch and walked toward Claire.

She gave the paper to the older woman and Lily could tell she was incredibly satisfied with herself. Just by the way her chest seemed to project forward, it was clear how proud she was of the grade. And she should. It was no secret that Claire was incredibly smart, not a genius like her mother, but still she did amazing in every subject. Every subject that wasn't geography at that.

"Congratulations, Sweetie." Lily smiled as she gave the test back to her.

"Thanks. But thank you. I would never be able to manage that without you. And without you, Spencer!" She yelled out, knowing he was most likely back in the kitchen, preparing whatever meal the three of them would be having that night.

"That was nothing, Claire." He responded, as he appeared at the kitchen's door, a proud smile adorning his features. "But you deserve it. You worked hard for it."

"That's true." Lily nodded. "I'm really proud."

Claire smiled at the both of them and bent down to pick up the backpack she had thrown aside when she entered the door. When she got up to her feet again - not before petting Fred's fur for a few seconds - she pressed a kiss to Lily's cheek as she walked past her.

"I'm going to take a shower." She announced.

"Okay." Lily responded. "Go quickly, though. Dinner's almost ready."

"What are we having tonight?" She asked, as she stopped at the bottom of the stairs, facing the kitchen.

"Lasagna." Spencer answered as Claire, as always, celebrated slightly.

"I'll be back in a sec." She said as she ran upstairs.

Lily laughed, before walking into the kitchen to grab all the things she needed to place the table on the living room.

"She loves your cooking." She said, as Spencer chuckled.

"I don't know why, though... It's nothing special."

"Maybe." Lily shrugged, picking up the towels and plates up. "But I think it's great too."

"Well, that's good." He said, as she walked out again. "So if I ever leave the BAU, I can apply to the Master Chef."

"Oh, easy, Doctor." She laughed, as she reentered the kitchen to grab the glasses and cutlery. "Isn't Master Chef a bit too much for you? I mean... You did burn our last microwave popcorn."

"Won't you ever let it go?" He groaned as Lily, once again, pulled out the you burned microwave popcorn act on him. "It's been months, Lily."

She only laughed as she left the kitchen. Spencer smiled. He could get used to this.

***

After eating Spencer's amazing lasagna, the three of them stayed on the table as they chatted and laughed. It wasn't until Spencer's phone rang that they realized just how late it was actually becoming.

"Sorry. I have to answer that." He said, as he gave them an apologetic glance.

"It's fine, Spence. Go ahead." Lily assured.