Official

It was the fifth time they went out in two weeks and even if Spencer loved to spend time with Lily out of work, he was getting tired of this. He was never one to understand emotions and subtle hints, especially when the subject was dating, but it was clear as the day for him: he was head over heels in love with Lillian Scottley and she was in love with him too. Then what was holding her back? What was it that stopped her every time he got that one bit too close?

He would figure it out today.

He rang her doorbell and waited. A loud bark made itself heard and Spencer heard Lily's muffled voice from behind the door.

"Freddie, wait." She said, as Fred barked again, this time closer to the door. "Yeah, it's Spence, I know, Freddie. But just give me a second, yeah? Come on, buddy, out of the way."

He smiled as he heard the door being unlocked and got ready to be attacked by a very excited Fred the second Lily opened the door. And it happened just like that. Fred jumped up and wiggled his tail as Spencer chuckled, petting his head.

"Hey, buddy, how are you?" He cooed, before looking up at Lily, as she stood behind the dog, beautiful as ever. "Hey."

"Hey." She smiled. "Do you want to come in?"

"I was hoping you'd be ready, actually." Ha answered, as he stood up, a hand still in Fred's body to stop him from crying for attention. "It's almost time for the movie."

"Right, of course." She nodded. "Just let me get my purse."

She turned around and walked toward the living room of her apartment. Upon seeing his owner leaving his side, Fred completely ignored Spencer and followed Lily instead. The dog was almost as whipped for the woman as he was. When she made her way back to the door, purse in a hand and shoes in another, Fred barked.

"You're not going right now, buddy. I'm sorry." She said, as she petted his head and smiled. "I'll be back in a few, yeah? Be nice."

Fred cried out and Lily pouted at him, before walking out the door and locking it. Spencer smiled at her as she put on her heels, ending up hitting his chin for a change.

"Ready?" He asked. Lily smiled and nodded.

"Ready. Let's go."

***

They were half way through the movie and even though Spencer didn't exactly understand most of what was being said, he enjoyed to watch the way Lily seemed to be the only one in the room of about ten people who actually laughed and gasped at the right parts of the movie.

"Oh my God..." She whispered as Spencer chuckled leaning over to whisper in her ear.

"What is it?"

"It's his son." She answered, without looking away from the screen. "Giacomo, the killer."

"But didn't he kill Bianca?"

"Yeah. And she was his mother, apparently."

"Wasn't he looking for his mother?" Spencer frowned as Lily giggled.

"That's the point of the film, Spence." She said, as she glanced at him. "It's about doing the right or the wrong. Getting revenge on Bianca or finding his mom. He thought he could do both, but well... Now we know how that went."

Spencer nodded and waited for the movie to end. When it did, about half an hour later and the lights were turned on again, he noticed every other couple around them was in the middle of some heavy make-out session. Why people spent their money in a movie they couldn't understand a word of just to kiss while it was on would never make sense for him.