Memoriam

Episode: 4x07

"Ladies and gentleman, I'm not a doctor, I don't even play one on TV, but I believe young JJ's labor." Garcia announced as she rushed into the little kitchen of the office.

"Oh my God, are you okay?" Emily asked, as she placed her cup of coffee down. Lily doing the same beside her.

"I'll get the car." Hotch announced, leaving the place, toward the elevator.

"I-I need to call Will." JJ said, nervously, as Garcia and Emily walk beside her.

"On it, Jay." Lily announced, her cellphone in hands. "You just focus on breathing, yeah?"

"Agent Todd, I hope you're ready, because your job starts right now." Emily called back at JJ's substitute.

"Hey, Will?" Lily said, as he answered the phone.

"Lily?" He asked and she smiled.

"Yeah, it's me, so hum... JJ's having your baby."

"What? How is she? Is she okay?"

"She's fine, Will, don't panic." Lily giggled on the line, before she entered the car in the front seat beside Hotch. "We're taking her to the Hospital, alright? You meet us there?"

"Yeah, yeah. I'm on it. Tell her I love her."

"You got it." Lily said, before hanging up the call. "Will says he loves you." She announced, turning back to look at JJ, squeezed in between Garcia and Emily.

"How did you do this alone?" JJ whimpered, as she reached a hand forward.

"It's okay, Jay." Lily cooed, grabbing the blonde's hand. "I know it hurts, alright? But it'll be a few hours of pain for a lifetime of happiness, okay? Trust me."

"What's the worst part?" She breathed out, squeezing her hand.

"The worst part is the pregnancy, Jay, really. And you've been through that like a boss, okay? So delivering will be easy. Mostly because you're not alone. You have Will and you have us. We'll be waiting just outside for you, right?"

"Totally." Garcia said.

"Yeah." Emily smiled.

Hotch only nodded, but he didn't have to do much else, since he was actually smiling at the moment.

"What about Reid?" She asked.

"Don't worry about Reid." Lily shook her head. "He's a smart guy. He can take care of himself. Now, JJ, I need you to focus in yourself, okay? Nothing else."

Lily smiled when JJ nodded, breathing through a contraction. She turned forward when she felt her phone buzzing in her pocket. It was Will.

"Yeah?" She answered.

"I'm kinda stuck in traffic. It'll probably take me a few minutes to get there." He said. Lily could tell he was nervous.

"Okay, we're already here." She said, as calmly as she could.

"Damn it!"

"Don't panic. A few minutes won't chance much, okay? You'll get there just in time."

"What happened?" JJ asked, when Lily turned off the phone.

"He will be a little late, I'm guessing." She said, as she exited the car and waited for the medics to put JJ in a wheelchair. "He's stuck in traffic."

"How much is a little?" She asked, through gritted teeth. Lily gripped her hand.

"Half an hour, maybe?" She tried to ease her friend's worry.