A family affair

Episode: 7x16

As the team flew back from Atlanta after a case, Lily sat leaning against the jet's wall, with her legs draped over Spencer's lap as he sat beside her, both of them reading each, a book. Lily heard JJ sigh from the seat in front of her and only looked up when Emily sat down beside the blonde.

"Oh... Still no sitter?" She asked, as JJ shook her head.

"My sitter is not available." She said. "Apparently I have a better chance of winning the lottery then getting a sitter on a Saturday night."

"What's going on tonight?" Spencer asked, still reading his book.

"It's was ladies' night, but..."

"I forgot to book a sitter." JJ finished Lily's phrase, as Spencer looked up.

"I'll do it." He offered.

Emily scoffed and he turned to stare at her. JJ frowned as she exchanged a confused yet amused look with Lily, who also raised an eyebrow at how eager her boyfriend seemed to be to look after his godson after such a tiring case.

"Spence..." JJ started.

"What? I've seen an episode of Mr. Belvedere. And one of Beverly Hills Nannies."

At that, Lily's head snapped in his direction, as JJ and Emily chuckled, staring at her.

"What? It wasn't with me. I don't watch that." She defended.

"It's true." Spencer nodded. "I just like to know a bit of everything."

"And Beverly Hills Nannies is part of repertoire?" She asked, as Spencer shrugged at her.

Lily scoffed and shook her head. Why was she even surprised?

"So, can I babysit Henry?" He asked, as he turned to JJ.

"Well, even with your amazing knowledge on the matter, you've never babysat by yourself before." She stated.

"You know..." Emily said, as everyone turned to her. "He could do a couple of hours."

"What could possibly go wrong?" He asked.

JJ stared at him and then turned to Lily. The younger woman laughed. JJ sighed.

"Oh, alright." She gave up. "Garcia would kill me if I didn't go to that girl's night, anyway."

***

Lily, Penelope, Emily and JJ were the only ones not cheering that Sunday morning at the FBI triathlon Hotch was participating. As they stood leaning against the railing with sunglasses on, every word sounded like a hammer in their heads.

The night out last night was supposed to be a few hours only, but, of course, they all ended up drinking more than they should and now, there they were, with about two hours of sleep each and an incredible head ache. Lily had considered not coming, but of course, Spencer went to her house at five fucking a.m. so they could come together. The moment he realized she was hung over, he decided he would teach her a lesson, or two, so, whenever she was around, he made a point to talk louder than he actually needed to.

"Couple of hours, couple of hours..." Spencer mocked as they, once again, argued about the fact that she had stayed out till three a.m. "You guys didn't come home until sun rise."

"Why are you yelling?" She mumbled, tired of discussing with him.

"Make him stop..." Emily groaned.

"Okay, Jack. Ear muffs for a minute, ear muffs..." Morgan said, as he patted Jack's leg as he sat over his shoulder.

Obeying his uncle Derek, Jack used both of his hands too cover his ear, causing the poster he did for his dad to fold over his head.

"What did you guys drink last night?" Derek asked.

"The Green Fairy." Penelope answered. "You're in the FBI. Could you get the entire crowd to stop cheering?"

"By my math, Hotch should be finishing any minute." Spencer noted.

"Do you see him, Uncle Dave?" Jack asked.

"I think I do, kiddo." Rossi answered. "Right there, right there."

The moment they saw Hotch approaching the finish line, they all smiled and Lily ignored her head ache to cheer for a while, but the second he ran past her, she stopped, placing a hand to her forehead as she rubbed her temples. Spencer laughed as he walked beside her, watching as Jack ran to his father and smiled up at him, shining with pride. When they approached the group, Hotch was putting his medal in his son's chest.

"Did you see my sign?" Jack asked.

"I did. That's for you, buddy. Your sign is fantastic." He smiled, breathing heavily.

"Look at you. How do you feel?" Rossi asked.

"I think I'll live." Hotch said, as he took a swig of his water.

"It's pretty impressive." Emily said. "I had money on the swim killing you."

"I had on the final miles of the run." JJ smirked.

"I've practiced." He smirked back.

"Yeah, and it paid off, good job." Morgan smiled.

"Thank you."

"Hey, do you guys want something to eat?" Spencer asked.

"Yeah. Something greasy, please." Lily mumbled.

"Oh, yeah." JJ agreed. "Let's..."

"Hotchner!" A voice called from behind them.

"Beth!" Hotch smiled.

The rest of the team exchanged a glance before turning to leave toward the food trucks near-by.

"God damn it... I'm never going out with you guys again." Lily sighed, as she flopped down in the grass beside Penelope and Emily as the rest of them went to grab them something to eat.

"It's not our fault you're a lightweight." Emily smirked.

"Me? It was Penelope who was dying to go sing Wannabe at the closed Karaoke two a.m.!" She defended as Penelope only groaned in response.

"Maybe you'll learn not to drink so much every time you go out." Spencer said, as he sat beside her and gave her the portion of fries she wanted.

"I hate you." She mumbled back at him, as she angrily bit down a fry.

"You know, statically, if you don't..."

"My God, Spencer... I love you, but if you don't shut up right now, I swear to God it'll be Freddie sleeping in my bed with me tonight."

Spencer smirked at her and she rolled her eyes. The rest of the team laughed, but the girls soon stopped, claiming their heads were killing them. At least, they still remembered that night. Right?