The good Earth

Episode: 8x05

"There." Lily smiled, as she fixed the small cardigan in her godson's squirmy body. "Why are you so fidgety, buddy?" She laughed as Henry only shrugged. "You want to show your outfit for Uncle Spencer, don't you?"

"Yeah!" He cheered as Lily got up from her crouched position in front of him.

"Okay. Come on, then, Sweetie."

She extended a hand out for him and he gave her a high-five. Garcia squealed and whispered something to JJ as the two women stood side by side, watching the scene unfold.

"Can you imagine her children with Reid?" The technical analyst had asked.

"I can't wait." She smiled, as she walked up to Lily and her son. "Okay, so... You wait back here with Auntie Lily and Auntie Garcia so I can introduce you, alright?"

"You remember what we told you?" Garcia asked.

Henry eagerly nodded as JJ winked at them all and entered the BAU Unit room.

"Hum... Excuse me everybody, I have an announcement to make. As I'm sure some of you were aware, Henry was a little nervous to go trick-or-treating this year... But... He's decided to go anyway."

"Great. What changed his mind?" Rossi asked.

"The BAU did." JJ answered. "I told him he should go out in Halloween and try to figure out which monsters are real and which ones are not."

"So he wants to be a profiler?" Derek asked, and Lily could almost hear his smile.

"Ah!" JJ interjected as Garcia and Lily laughed behind the wall. "He wants to be his favorite profiler."

"Go on, go on." Lily ushered.

Henry smiled brightly at her and Garcia and stepped out from behind the wall just as JJ took a step aside to give him space. The two other women followed the young boy as everyone else took in the cuteness of the whole scene. Henry, dressed exactly as Spencer, ran right to him as the original one cheered and crouched down in the middle of the room to take a good look at the adorable kid. Spencer took his tag and placed it at the strap of the briefcase his godson was also sporting.

"Oh, he's official." Morgan laughed.

Garcia walked toward Henry and leaned down to whisper in his ear:

"Tell him."

The boy looked up at Spencer and spoke the words both of his aunts were trying to teach him just minutes prior.

"E equals M, C, square!"

They all laughed and Spencer held his hand up for a high five that the young boy happily responded to.

"The monsters don't stand a chance." Blake said, as Lily nodded with a permanent smile etched to her face.

"I know." JJ cooed, before looking down at her son. "Should we go get some candy? Come on."

Henry took her hand as they both and Garcia made their way out toward her house where they would take him out for trick-or-treating. Lily watched as Spencer got up and got teased by his teammates as they left. She walked toward him and leaned against his desk.

"He's adorable." She said, as he nodded.

"Did you do it?" He asked, as she shrugged.

"I did most of the dressing up part, but that was that. He was the one who wanted to dress up as you."

"I can't believe it, honestly." Spencer shook his head, with a smile.

"Why not? He loves you."

She looked at Lily and beamed at the way her always adoring eyes were glued to his face. Without really thinking much of it, he just blurted out.

"And I love you."

"Oh, Spence..." Lily giggled. "I love you too."

"I knew it!" Blake's voice cut their moment. They both blushed as they turned to face the older woman, who smirked at them. "I knew something was up with the two of you. I just needed to be sure. No one stares at one another so much without borderlining creepy unless they are together."

Lily chuckled, before nodding.

"I guess you do have a point."

"You stare at me?" Spencer smirked as Lily scoffed.

"No. Maybe. Sometimes... But note she said one another, so that implies you stare at me too."

Spencer laughed and shook his head, before shrugging. He wouldn't even deny it.

"Anyway... Just don't tell anybody, please, Blake. Only the team knows." Lily said, as she turned to Blake.

The woman nodded as she picked up her papers, before getting up to leave.

"Don't worry, guys." She smiled. "I'll see you tomorrow."

"Bye, Blake." Lily smiled. "Thank you."