Chapter 74

Seeing Dean strode forward with his eyes fiercely secured on Richard Chu, Aaron immediately dismissed himself from his group of his friends and then ran to block Dean's way. "What the fuck do you think you're trying to do in the middle of the banquet?" Aaron questioned warningly underneath his breath, trying to keep his voice as low as he could.

"Leave me, will you?" Dean replied shortly and then attempted to walk past his brother. Aaron blew out a heavy air furiously through his mouth before he turned to grab Dean by his forearm and then dragged him away with force.

The moment they reached the back of the room behind the food tables, Aaron asked quietly. His serious voice was loud enough over the sound of the piano and violin that were playing in the background for a person stood next to him to hear. "Listen, you idiot." Aaron pointed his finger into Dean's chest as he leaned a bit closer. "Put your damn useless feeling away." Lifting another hand, Aaron grasped Dean's deltoid and dug his fingers into it forcefully, hoping to earn a painful groan from his brother. Unfortunately, Dean didn't budge. "Your love life doesn't fucking concern me, but at least have some conscience in whatever the fuck you're doing. While you care about your woman, I am here trying to protect our damn clan. I am not about to risk our father's plan over your damn useless emotion with that asshole's daughter. Do you understand me?" Aaron's gaze sharpened.

Dean lifted his chin and glared piercingly straight back at his brother, wishing that his eye could've killed him. His calm wicked voice came out as dangerously as that of the ticking bomb after he inhaled in the cold air. "You have no right in telling me what to do." His hand seized Aaron's index finger and then bent it backward with full force until Aaron immediately yanked both of his hands back to his side. Dean's brows furrowed as his eyes continued to fixate on his brother without a blink. "You don't need to worry that I will fucking ruin that damn wicked plan of yours and father. It's not just you alone who cares about the clan. As painfully as I hate being a mafia, I still won't be that heartless to let my people die just because of me. I know what I am doing. And, I am pretty well aware of all of the consequences and my surroundings. All you need to do is to mind your fucking business and fuck out of my way. Whatever the fuck I do, I will take a fucking full responsibility for the fucking outcomes." He blinked once and then inhaled deeply again to calm himself down when he noticed a waiter began to get closer.

Aaron shoved both hands into his pants pockets and then waited for the same waiter to pass by. While licking his dry bottom lip anxiously, he glanced around to make sure that there would be nobody else standing nearby.

Dean continued speaking after a few seconds of silence. "Look, I am not about to do anything besides paying that man a visit. I have to at least do something if I want to fucking find out who is behind our father's death. I will just use his daughter as bait to force an answer out of his mouth."

Aaron chuckled rudely cutting off Dean. "Come on. Don't make me laugh. I'll resign from the mafia if a person like you is willing to sacrifice that fragile woman for a father like ours."

"Using as bait does not mean that I will have to hand her back to them. Your vocabulary is just too damn small."

Aaron straightened his lips as his expressionless self returned. "I felt like something is off."

Dean turned slightly as he mumbled, "I think someone is making a move before us. When I was on my way to Richard Chu, I caught sight of a group of dark figures outside the windo-"

Before Dean could finish his sentence properly, a loud sound of the glass shattering echoed throughout the large crowded room. For a split of a second, Dean thought he went deaf as the entire hall went into a ghostly silence. There was no music, no chattering noises, neither the clinking sounds of the utensils.