Chapter 3

Two years later...

The ambulance sirens were echoing throughout the whole city. The crying sounds and the screaming voices of the patient's family in front of the surgical room were deafening the lobby of the hospital. 

The nurses and doctors were running crossed paths with one another in hurried and panic as soon as the victims who were involved in a car accident arrived at the hospital entrance.

"Giselle!" A tall handsome figured guy who was wearing his doctor white coat ran to a girl who was carrying a tray of foods. She turned around as soon as she heard her name. 

Her long black hair flew to one side following by her head movement. Her beautiful pink soft lips curved up into a smile as her pairs of brown eyes reflected the hallway's light making them twinkling like the stars in the middle of the night sky.

She blinked once before she responded with her soft pleasant voice, "Vincent, how was the patient that got sent in tonight?" She shifted her position as she took a few steps toward him.

Vincent Kim flashed her a smile as he came to a stop in front of her, "It went alright. The family of the patient is currently in the room with him now, I believed." His twinkling eyes that were staring at her without a blink trailed from her face to her hands. "Are you on your way to the patient's room?"

Giselle lifted the tray up a little to show him. She nodded her head and said, "I am. They are in the VIP room on the tenth floor. I heard they are from some rich family." She chuckled as she studied Vincent's eyes.

"Do you want to go out and eat after the shift is over? I will pay for our dinner." Vincent offered. He winked at her before he fixed his necktie a little. "Let's start walking while we talk so you can be there on time,"

Giselle agreed then turned to make her way to the elevator following by the young doctor. "Sure, since you are the one who is paying." Both of them laughed while they waited for the elevator to arrived. "I'm just kidding, I can pay for myself."

The two have been friends since they were both in university freshman year. She has met him through one of her club organizations, but they've never expected that they would get along and become close like this. 

Vincent Kim was majoring in biomedical science to become a surgeon who could save people's lives, while Giselle Chu was also majoring in biomedical science to become a nurse. Due to a similar major, the two have had many classes together until Vincent ended up going to grads school for his career. 

Giselle knew deep inside of her about how Vincent thinks of her. He confessed to her once that he liked her. He liked her more than just a friend. He wished he could be more. He tried to ask her out multiple times, but he only got rejection in return. 

Many people would have misunderstood about their closeness. Many have questioned them whether they are in a romantic relationship or just friends. 

The two had never let others' opinions affected their friendship because they have been through a lot together, and they have learned and grow from all of those mistakes and experiences that they'd shared in the past.

Giselle Chu and Vincent Kim chit chat and laughed out loud until they reached the tenth floor. They separated their ways as she carried the food tray and directed her way to the VIP room that was at the end of the hallway. The floor was quiet and empty because not many people would be able to effort the price of the special elegant room.

At the end of the hallway, stood the two guys in black who were guiding the door as if the patient of that room is a president or some sort of celebrity.