Chapter 23

Dean parked his car across the street in front of Giselle's mansion. He waited without knowing whether she was home or not. Suddenly, he saw the gate started to slide open showing a white van behind it. He turned slightly to take a better look to see a mid-age woman was getting on the van. 

After the white van left the house, a white tesla car drove by Giselle's younger sister drove out. 

Dean saw no sign of Giselle.

He waited for another hour before he saw Giselle's car came back from work. As soon as her car got into the mansion, the gate started to close.

Dean debated within himself whether to continue on waiting for her to come out or just go in. If there is only her car, then I will go in. If I see another car, then I will wait. He thought before he decided to get out of the car.

Peaked through the gate, Dean only sees one car. It was dark already, which made it harder for him to see if there was anyone guiding the house. Dean turned around to see a tree near the fence. 

Without hesitation, he ran to climb the tree and walked on the tree branch to get to the fence. He hopped down onto the pavement inside the mansion before he started to make his way in carefully.

Damn, what the fuck am I doing? He asked himself as he glanced at the security cameras that were set at the entrance door.

Dean hid behind a tree in the garden when he saw a housemaid was coming out to clean Giselle's car. He stole a glance at the housemaid who was having her earphone in, listening to music. 

His eyes scanned around the mansion for the electricity box. As soon as he spotted it at the side of the mansion, he wasted no time to make his way towards it. Dean took out a knife from his pants' pocket and use the tip of it to unscrew the screws on the box. He opened up the box and used his phone's light to shine at it. He switched all of the buttons off before the whole mansion's power shut down.

Dean smirked before he started to make his way back to the front of the mansion. He noticed the housemaid from earlier was shining the light at the car before she made her way to check up on the gate. Dean used this chance to run into the mansion through the main door.

As soon as he got into the house, he saw a few housemaids were shining the flashlights around while they were telling each other to look for the candles. One of them suddenly said, "Hey, I will go check up on the young mistress. You guys keep on looking for the candles and don't forget to call the maintenance."

The mid-age housemaid said before she made her way upstairs. Dean followed from behind quietly. When the housemaid reached Giselle's bedroom, she knocked a few times. "Ma'am, are you okay? We are searching for candles now."

"I am okay, auntie. I was just finishing my shower. Has anyone called for maintenance yet?" Giselle's voice began behind the door.

The housemaid replied with a gentle sound, "We are calling them now, ma'am. If there is anything else you need, please let us know. I will go back to help them look for the candle. We might have to go out and buy some of it since we don't know when the power will come back."

The housemaid then walked back downstairs, passing Dean who was hiding at the corner next to another room's door.

As the dark figure of the housemaid faded away, Dean made his way to Giselle's door. He knocked a few times before Giselle's voice began, "One second, auntie." She opened the door unexpectedly to see a dark figure of a man. 

Dean barged in to close her mouth with one hand. He pulled her head to his chest while his other free hand closed and locked the door. Giselle mumbled loudly in his hands as she struggled to scream for help.