Chapter 64

An hour later, right before the sun could rise, Dean returned to the hotel room. He sat down onto the bed near Giselle while lifting his hand to brush her hair out of her face. His eyes studied her face deeply as if he wanted to bury her image inside of his head and heart.

She shifted in the bed slightly and then opened her eyes to look at Dean. In her morning dry toned voice, she asked, "Are you up already? What time is it?"

He smiled. "It's six in the morning."

She yawned as she sat up with her back against the headboard. "I will go shower and then we can go out to eat. After we have breakfast, you can go do your business."

He chuckled underneath his breath briefly. "I've finished my business. The rest of the time will just be you and me. We will go shopping after we eat and then we will go straight to lake Tahoe." Grabbing her hand, he said, "Get up and go take a shower." She nodded and then got off the bed to make her way towards the bathroom.

Dean shrugged his shoulders before he turned to stare blankly at the orange sky outside of the glass wall. He sat there, spacing out, with an expressionless face for a couple of minutes while his mind wandered to think of what was going to happen after tomorrow comes. A few knocks on the door drew his attention. He quickly got up, so that he could make his way to open the door. The moment he swung the door wide open, all of his men bowed their head down with respect. "Boss, we got a rented car."

Dean nodded in return. "Good. All of you will be driving the one car that my client lent to me. My girlfriend and I will be driving the rented one. When tomorrow comes, one of you will return back with me through the client's car. We will return their car and then we will fly back to Las Vegas. And, whoever is staying, you guys better respect my woman as much as you respect me unless you want to sleep in the coffin."

"Yes, boss." They said seriously.

Dean turned his head towards the bathroom when he heard the water being turned off. "Get out now, and do not talk about this matter in front of her." They nodded before Dean closed the door quietly, to prevent Giselle from hearing the clicking sound.

He spun around instantly to make his way to Giselle who was walking out of the bathroom with just a white towel wrapped around her body. She jolted a little when Dean's sudden presence surprised her. "You scared me."

"Jeez, I didn't even do anything." He whined before he turned to sit on the sofa with his legs crossed. "What are you wearing today?"

"I don't know." She said and then glanced at him with her pouted lips. "You are sitting here, wearing a suit. I can't just wear jeans and a t-shirt while walking next to you, can I?" She sighed and then sat down onto the carpet next to her luggage. "I guess, this white dress will do. The red one is a bit too strong in the morning."

His lips curved into a smile before he said, "You wear whatever you like. No need to worry about me."

After sometimes had passed, Dean opened the door to tell his men, "Come get the luggage." He wrapped one arm around Giselle's waist and then walked her to the elevator. "What do you want to eat?"

She froze to think for a couple of seconds and then replied at the same time that the elevator door slid open. "French toast and a cup of coffee? Usually, I only had a cup of coffee before my shift started."

He smiled briefly as he led her into the elevator. "Same for me." He stood with her in the circle of his arm while his men were getting into the elevator after him. As the door slid close, Dean continued talking. "If you ever need anything, don't hesitate to tell these guys to help you out. Don't be afraid to report to me if they dare to disobey you."