Chapter 60

Richard Chu raised his fist to punch Dean in the cheek forcefully, causing him to stumble aside. "I wouldn't step in this damn Cobra's building if it wasn't for my daughter. I hate a bastard like you. You are no different from your father. You fucking mafias are never up to anything good."

Dean straightened his blazer before he turned to glare at the old man who was standing in front of him. "So are you calling yourself an officer with a good intention after you broke into my meeting room and punched me like this? How hypocrite of you." Wiping the blood that was oozing from the corner of his lips with his thumb, Dean took a deep breath to calm his anger. "I will not touch you since you are the father of Giselle. You should thank her for me sparing your life, otherwise, I would've killed you since the day that I first met you. You should thank her present in your life because, without her, you wouldn't be standing here in front of me."

"My daughter is none of your concern. You have no right in telling me what to do. All I've been asking for is where my daughter is. A low-class gangster like you deserves a bullet and not just a prison. I knew deep inside my damn heart and brain that one day you will take my daughter away from me. I knew from the very beginning, and now it is happening. You successfully stole her. You fucking stole my daughter just like how your father had stolen my woman!"

Dean clenched his teeth as he sent a sharp glare at Richard's direction. "Don't compare my father to me." He said in a warning tone.

"I want to compare, so what? You can't bare hearing how you and your father are so alike?"

As soon as Richard finished his mocking, Dean took a quick few steps to punch him in the mouth. He grabbed Richard by his collar and then shoved him against the wall before his hand moved to hold the old man by his throat tightly. As anger and the fear of losing his control took over Dean, his hand became shaky while his face began to get redder.

Through his gritted teeth, Dean said in a trembling dangerous voice, "Don't test me. You don't know anything about me, so you might as well don't talk about shits that you don't know. My patient has a limit and I won't tolerate a bastard who ruined my life. Just because you are Giselle's father, it doesn't mean I won't dare to cut your damn throat, Richard Chu." The old man gasped for air while he struggled in Dean's grip. "Do you like this, the feeling of not being able to breathe? You are slowly dying, but you can't even scream for help." He gulped as he leaned a bit closer. "I've been feeling like this for my whole life. Do you know how hard it is for me to survive each day? I was dying inside, but nobody cared about me. The day that I almost got to see my mother, and to ask her why she fucking abandoned me and why she loved you more than me... That day has never come because a fucking bastard like you decided to take her away from my life for the second time. I want to forget it. I want to forgive... but, I can't!"

He raised his voice at the end before he pushed Richard aside, causing him to fall onto the marble floor. Dean breathed hard in anger while his eyes gazed down at Richard who was coughing breathlessly on the floor.

After a few minutes of silence, Richard decided to speak up. "If you hate me, then kill me. Just don't touch my daughter. She knows nothing about any of this."

Dean chuckled briefly before his face turned serious again. "Is that so? Then, what about me? When I was just a kid, did I look like I know everything to you? Obviously, I knew nothing. I was just a boy who had a dream like everyone else. I never wanted to choose this life if I had a choice. It was you who chose this path of life for me. You should blame yourself for everything."

Richard struggled to stand up as he supported himself by placing one hand onto the nearby chair. "What do you want from me to make you satisfied? What is it that you want?" He hissed.