Chapter 81

The atmosphere in the penthouse was tense as Dean sat on the black leather sofa. His strong-built torso was exposed to the cold air, revealing all of the flaws on his body. Even without him doing anything, the old ugly scars cast a threatening aura towards his two men. The large tattoo of a cobra on Dean's back reminded them of their old master. It made them felt inferior and threatened all of a sudden when Dean's expression showed no sign of excitement. The two men exchanged each other a look but did not dare to speak a word. Nobody seemed to able to read Dean's mind.

His fingers twitched a bit when the alcohol liquid caused a stinging pain in his deltoid. He gritted his teeth and then sighed out loud exhaustedly. On a wall, there was a picture of a golden cobra snake hanging in a frame elegantly. The second that Dean's eyes landed on it, it brought a disgusting feeling to him. His brows drew closer together immediately when the picture of the snake reminded him about his origin and who he was.

At least, she has that doctor asshole by her side now... She should be fine, right... How come I still feel unhappy and unsatisfied? I don't know why it upsets me so deeply in my heart... She didn't even beg to stay by my side after I tried to kick her out of my life... How could she let go of me so easily like this? Didn't she say she loves me?...

His mind was filled with the thought of his beloved woman. Even when the pain on his arm was growing every second, it was still not enough to seize Dean's concern. His heart skipped a beat painfully when Vincent's face reappeared in his head. No matter how many times Dean tried, he seemed to not be able to convince himself to stop hating that male physician. He didn't understand why, but he felt like he was a loser compared to that man. Dean knew clearly about how big of the difference between him and that doctor is when it comes to characteristics wise.

To Giselle, it would be to choose between life or death. While Dean took others' lives, Vincent was able to bring everyone's life back. Dean closed his right hand into a fist and then clenched his teeth in anger. He cursed at himself within his mind. The person that Dean seemed to be mad at was no other than himself. He didn't understand why he felt this way when after all it was him who made this decision.

The two cobra soldier men noticed the tight fist that their boss formed. They looked at each other with a puzzling gaze, not sure of what their boss was thinking. One of them decided to ask just after he was done wrapping the bandage around Dean's muscular deltoid. "It's done, sir. Is there anything else you would like me to help you with?"

Dean didn't waste his time responding besides rising on his feet instantly half-naked. He paused to grab his black shirt from the coffee table and then proceeded to make his way toward his bedroom.

After he stepped inside, he slammed the door shut immediately behind his back. The warm tears, which he had been holding, began to roll up his eyes and blurred his visions. He paused in the middle of the room and then looked up at the ceiling to try to prevent it from shedding down.

Why am I crying? Why am I so weak? I am a man... I am a fucking mafia leader. Why the fuck am I crying? I should be happy that Giselle will no longer come close. I should be happy that she has left...

Dean squeezed his eyes close slowly, allowing his tears to run down the corner of his eyes. In a split second, he threw his black shirt aggressively onto the ground, wishing that it would break. First, he lost his mother, then his father. And, now his woman had also disappeared from his life. Dean felt like he was going insane because there was never a day that he was able to live freely like others.

In a soulless manner, he walked towards his cold empty bed. He lowered his glute onto the soft mattress at the same time that his hand reached to pull out his phone from his pants pocket. His thumb swiped across the screen a few times before it brought up an image of Giselle and him at the beach together.