Chapter 21

Giselle settled down in her chair with frustration from what happened to her earlier. Biting her bottom lip, she took a glass filled with red wine to drink them all up with one gulp. The girls in the same table with her stared at Giselle with a judgemental look. Everyone in the table was either the model or the social media popular figure. Everyone didn't understand why would a low-class nurse was allowed to sit in the same table with them.

Giselle placed the glass back down aggressively. When her eyes shifted up to look at random guests at the party, she met Dean's. He was smirking at her across the room. She furrowed her brows when he raised his red wine glass up a little to give her a toast before he drank them.

Suddenly, a voice from a girl in the table interrupted Dean and Giselle's social distancing. "Hey, girl. I heard you are Demi Chu's older sister. Your parents are not even poor either, so why did you choose to become a nurse? You could've opened up your own business, you know."

Giselle's eyes moved from Dean to stare at the voice's owner. At first, she raised her brows in a confusion of why someone she doesn't know would ask her such a question. Clearing her throat, Giselle flashed a tiny smirk at the corner of her lips.

These bitches are the cause of the real world's drama. She thought before she replied, "Everyone has a dream. Just because my family is rich, it doesn't mean that I had to have a dream of becoming a CEO of a company or that I have to become a model to just look pretty for irrelevant people. Am I right?" Giselle ended her words with a question leaving those girls dropped their mouth open in unbelievable.

The girl who asked suddenly felt irritated before she faked a smile at Giselle. "Yes, you are right." She replied through her gritted teeth.

Another girl's voice sitting three seats away from Giselle suddenly cuts off, "Guys, look! It's Dean Winchester. He is so handsome, oh my fucking god." Everyone's gaze in the table immediately turned to look at Dean's direction.

Giselle's eyes shifted to glance at Dean to see him was looking straight at her. He smirked devilishly at her while the other girls in her table started to giggle. "Oh my god, I think he just smiled at me." A white girl with wavy blonde hair in the table said.

"Are you sure? I think he was looking at my direction." Another redhead girl said as she blushed.

Giselle rolled her eyes before she turned her head back and saw a waiter was carrying a tray full of drinks. She waved at the waiter to come to her before she took a glass of red wine. Ugh, why am I still mad at him? These bitches needed to shut the fuck up. She thought as she chucked the wine into her mouth.

"Damn, this little girl. You need to chill out." A black girl who was known to be one of the popular models said to Giselle. She was sitting to the left of her.

Giselle sighed out loud then dapped her lips with a napkin. She wouldn't have come to this party if only her parents didn't force her to. After she came back from dropping off Luna and Vincent at the airport, her parents locked her up inside the mansion. Giselle cried and starved herself since morning because her parents threatened to make the hospital to fire her if she doesn't agree to come to any of the future events including this one.

Due to irritation, she grabbed one of her fortune cookies to tear up the wrapper. She broke the cookie in half and shoved it into her mouth at the same time she tried to straighten up the little fortune paper.

She lifted the tiny paper up to read to herself. 'The one that loves you is closer than you think.'

Obviously, there's nobody else beside Vincent. She thought before she ripped the paper. Too bad, I can't love him. Plus, Luna loves him so much. My feeling is only going to break our friendship apart. It's best the way it is right now. Giselle shrugged her shoulder in exhaustion before she felt Demi settling down next to her on the right.