Chapter 52

Giselle broke the kiss to yelped in pain when Dean accidentally placed his body weight onto her. He backed up quickly as he apologized in an awkward voice. "I'm sorry. I forgot about... your wound. I got carried away a little." His cheeks became redder at the embarrassment of what he was doing. He helped Giselle to sit up before she chuckled at his reaction.

"It's fine. I forgot about it too." She said shyly meanwhile her lips smile widely at him. "Uh... I think I will go shower first then." She gave him an excuse as she tried to get off the bed. Her heart was throbbing hard against her rib cage as if everything she felt at that moment was a dream. If she stayed near him any longer, she was afraid that he would hear her heartbeat sound. She turned around to spot another door that was left half-open to reveal the sink behind it. Without any hesitation, she walked in fast pace toward it.

As soon as she tried to close the door, Dean's hand pushed it back open. His eyes scanned her, who was wearing his oversized hoodie, from head to toe while he asked in a deep serious voice. "You sure, you don't need help? When we were in the hospital, you always wanted to help me wash up... You told me that the stitched wound was not supposed to get wet. I don't mind helping you." He smirked at her playfully at the same time he tilted his head to stare at her.

Giselle felt a rush of blood to her face. He used the excuse of what she said to him to get back at her. His eyes were burning with a different type of flame as they stared at her without a blink. His current action was no different than the first few times that they've met. She wondered if this side of him had always been his true color and personality. The starving look that he was giving her made her gut churned involuntarily. Who knew what he would be doing to her if only she didn't get injured? She blinked a few times and then cleared her throat. "Thank you, but I am good. I think I can manage it by myself." He raised his brow when she closed the door slowly at him.

Dean sighed out loud in a bit of a disappointment that he didn't get to help her shower. He bit his bottom lip when he heard the water being turned on instead of him being turned on. He wished that she would heal faster so that he could do what he had always wanted to do. His heartbeat sped up so fast that it was driving him crazy. If only she was not injured, Dean would've made a real love to her. Unfortunately, that didn't go as planned.

After what seems like forever, the sound of the door creaked open drew his attention. Dean's eyes darted across the room from the bed to look at Giselle who was wrapped in a white towel. Seeing her blushed, Dean stood up to make his way towards her. "Don't provoke me, woman." He mumbled underneath his breath as his eyes trailed from her feet to her bare thighs and to her cleavage. "I can't guarantee that I will not touch you just because you are injured." He said in an almost threatening sound.

Giselle wrinkled her brows at him and then replied in a confused tone. "Provoke?" When she realized what he meant, she took a step backward to narrow her eyes at him who was gawking at her with thirst in his gaze. Swallowing hard, she said in an uncomfortable voice. "Stop looking. You're being really weird right now."

Dean giggled a little before he nodded at her once. "I saw everything last night when I changed your clothes, so it doesn't matter anyway." He licked his bottom lip at her in a mocking manner, which caused Giselle to take a few steps closer and lightly punched him in the chest.

She couldn't help it when his words and tone of voice were putting her cheeks on fire. The corner of her lips curved up into a smile as she forced him to go into the bathroom. "Stop it and go shower already."

Dean faked a painful yelp and then raised both of his hands up in the air to surrender. He laughed at her reaction when she pulled a door shut in front of him. How was it, that even a small gesture of her, made him feel so happy? Dean stared quietly into the mirror in front of him with a dreamy look on his face. He didn't understand why he was so happy for just being with her. It was strange. His heart was fluttering almost every second that he looked into her eyes. He had never felt anymore lively until this very moment. If he knew any earlier that all it took was one sentence of love to make him feel alive, he would've done it a long time ago. He probably didn't have to keep on pushing her away. He smiled at himself in the mirror when the image of her face displayed in his head. "Am I really in love?" He questioned himself quietly as he raised his hand to place on his hard chest to feel his own heartbeat. At the corner of his heart, he found himself getting scared and worried that he would become too addicted to this new dreamy feeling and forgets about everything else around him. He was afraid that he would let this new feeling take control of him too much. What should he do? His mind wandered around to end up only thinking of her while he chose to ignored the fear that his instinct was telling him.