Chapter 16

His eyes stared blankly out of the car's window. Bowen's words were lingering around in his mind, making him feel uneasy.

Leo cleared his throat to break the icy silence atmosphere inside the car. Ivan glanced at Leo who seemed about to speak up.

Dean blinked once to shift his eyes to look at his two bodyguards. "What do you want?" He asked in an icy tone of voice. His brows furrowed in annoyance. Ivan and Leo got used to their boss's meanness as the two started to chuckled awkwardly. "What the fuck is so funny?" Dean questioned.

Leo didn't hesitate as he replied with a bolt tone, "Chill, boss. Your hands are injured. Ivan and I have been debating whether to take you to the hospital or not." Leo smiled, then turned to look at Ivan who was driving and giggled quietly. "At this point, we don't care anymore if you are going to blow our head off, but we are taking you to the hospital."

Dean groaned and raised his voice, "I said, I don't want to go!" It was too late because Ivan already directed his way to the hospital. The two stubborn bodyguards laughed at their boss' madness. Dean got pissed and annoyed at his two bodyguards. At that moment, he was a bit regret for treating them too nice, but he would never hurt them either.

After they parked the car in the hospital's parking lot, Dean didn't bother to get out as he pretended to sleep. Leo came out of the passenger seat then opened the door for his boss. "Come on, boss. You barely could fall asleep at night, do you think you can fool us who had been with you for five years?" Leo stated while he held the door open waiting for his boss. Dean cursed at his two bodyguards as he opened his eyes then walked out of the car aggressively.

When they reached inside, Dean got told to wait in a patient's room while they tried to get a nurse to come and clean his wound. Dean glared at Ivan and Leo before scolded them, "Stop smiling. It's annoying the hell out of me." The two changed their expression immediately to serious before they went to sit next to their boss on the hospital bed. "What, now?"

Dean's mean words would hurt others, but they never hurt Ivan and Leo. His bad mouth and his actions were two different things. He said he hates them, but he wouldn't hesitate to hurt people that hurt his two bodyguards.

Cursed at Ivan and Leo, Dean's eyes shifted up to see Giselle who was walking in. She didn't seem to notice him at first when she introduced herself, "Hi, sorry for the long wait. My name is Giselle, and I will be cleaning your wounds today." The moment her eyes glanced and met his, she paused in confusion.

Ivan and Leo stood up abruptly. Ivan suddenly said, "Damn, the world is really small, boss." After that, Ivan grabbed Leo's arm and pushed him out. Dean didn't say a word as he waited for her.

Giselle remembered the image from last night, but she tried to act as nothing had happened. Walking closer to his direction, she placed a tray of cleaning supplies down on to the bed next to him. Dean watched her carefully without a blink caused her to avoid his eyes even more.

He swallowed hard when she took one of his hand gently to unwrapped the nasty loosened bandage of his. Feeling her gently touched in his hand, Dean's heart started to speed up. Raising one of his hands up to place on his chest, Dean wondered what was wrong with him. What is this feeling? Did I get infected? He questioned himself when he felt unusual.

Giselle furrowed her brows then asked him with a worried tone of voice, "Does it hurt that much? I'm sorry if I exerted too much force on your hand." Her soft voice made him lock eyes with hers.

"No." He replied shortly then shifted his eyes away. Moving his hand away from his chest, he raised it up to place on one side of his cheek before he placed it back down to his thigh. I think I am getting a fever. What the fuck is this? My cheeks felt so warm all of a sudden. My heart even beat faster than usual. It has been two years, my chest wound should've healed. Thinking hard, his brows became furrowed again.

Noticed her patience's facial expression, Giselle thought she hurts his wound. After she placed his old bandage onto the tray, she blew onto his severely wounded knuckles lightly. Dean felt a sudden cold air before he turned to look. "What are you doing?" He asked shockingly as he tried to withdraw his hand from hers.

She pulled his hand back gently then looked up to reply, "I thought you were hurting, so I was just trying to reduce your pain." She flashed him a smile in encouragement, and said, "I will get it done faster if you can hold onto it for a little." Thinking that Giselle was calling him a weakling, Dean chuckled at her ridiculous response. Never in his lifetime, anyone had ever cared if he gets hurts.

Giselle finished replacing one of his hand's bandages before she moved to grab another hand. Dean's eyes shifted to glance at Giselle every now, before he said in a mocking tone, "You asked if I am hurt now when you literally just slapped me last night."

Paused in the middle of unwrapping the old bandage, Giselle gulped quietly, feeling a bit guilty. Ignored his words, she continued on cleaning his wound. She blew on his hand softly before she applied the cleansing solution on it. She took out some small pieces of glass that were stuck in them, and then she asked him with a soft tone. "How did you get all of these wounds in just one night?"

With a calm voice, he replied like it was not a big deal, "Which one? If you are talking about my hands, then it's the mirror. If you are asking about my head, then it's my father."

Giselle finished wrap up his hand before she shifted her eyes to look at the wound on his brow. The blood clotted his wound caused it to turn dark. Her eyes shifted to meet his, and replied, "I'm sorry."

Dean sighed out loud while looking at her, "Sorry?" He repeated her word before he raised his brows to give her a smug look. "You apologized for this, but you didn't even apologize for slapping me last night."

His words caused Giselle's cheek to warm up as she blushed. She tried to not think about the kiss, but he kept bringing up the last night's incident. Giselle bit her lips then applied the cleansing solution on to his brow's wound immediately caused him to groan in his throat a little. Dean shot her a deadly glare for doing it purposely.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for reading!

I hope everyone is enjoying it :)

Don't forget to vote, comment, and share!