Chapter 24

As Friday night approached, Riza Angelo's clothing shop celebration party started. The Raven group stood at the entrance of the shop greeting friends and their close relatives. Bowen Winchester and Aaron Winchester arrived at the party while Dean was nowhere to be found.

Riza's eyes searched for Dean, but Aaron blocked her views before he asked her, "Are you still looking for that asshole?" Without waiting for her reply, he pulled her to the back of the store.

"It has nothing to do with you." She replied in annoyance and then pushed him away forcefully.

Aaron grabbed her hand to pull her back as he raised his voice a little, "What do you mean it has nothing to do with me? Everything about you is also about me."

Riza scoffed then rolled her eyes. She watched Aaron came to stand in front of her with an irritation look. "Listen, Aaron. That night was a mistake for me. We were just some high schoolers. I hope you don't actually think that I have feelings for you."

Aaron clenched his teeth in anger as he tightened his grip around Riza's wrist tighter. "What is so special about that asshole that you love him so much? What's the difference between him and me that made you choose him over me?"

She shook his hand off of his before she said, "It's because he is Dean Winchester, and you are not."

"Riza, please. I am leaving for China soon. Can't you at least tell me a lie? You can say that you had a good feeling towards me at least once." Aaron said in a soft tone of voice, but it didn't seem to shake Riza's heart. Without hesitation, he pulled her into a thirsty kiss. 

Riza Angelo bit his lip and then pushed him away before she slapped him. "Don't you dare touch me again, Aaron!" After that, she wiped her lips with the back of her hand and walked away.

About thirty minutes later, Dean showed up at the party.

Stefano shook Dean's hand and said, "Thank you for coming, Dean. You're probably really tired of coming back from work. You should go in and get something to eat. Riza should be inside waiting for you." Dean smiled without a word then made his way into the clothing shop.

His eyes scanned around the store before he suddenly felt someone linked arm with him. "Dean, you're finally here."

That high pitched tone of voice caused him to withdraw his hand immediately. His brows wrinkled as he turned to give a look to the woman in front of him. He ignored her and then spun around to make his way to the food table. 

Riza followed him from behind as she said in a mocking voice, "I thought you'll be bringing your girlfriend with you."

Dean paused in his step then turned around to glare at her deadly. He flashed her a fake smirk as he replied back, "If I remember correctly, this is your event and not mine. Plus, you said it yourself, that you only wanted to invite out your close friends and family. So based on that, there is no reason for me to bring someone, who has nothing related to you, with me. Am I right, Ms. Angelo?"

Riza found herself speechless after hearing Dean's words. He wasted no time to turn back and continued making his way to a table full of foods.

After the party is over, Dean instructed Ivan to drive him back to his penthouse at the resort. Inside the car, Dean stared blankly to the city outside of the car. 

As the car came to a stop at the red light, his eyes shifted to stare at the hospital. His face expressed no emotion as the bitter memory recalled in his mind. 

He squeezed his eyes shut as he pinched the bridge of his nose. Ivan, who was driving, noticed his boss's reaction through the rearview mirror before he asked in a worried tone. "Boss, are you having a headache?"