Chapter 67

The cool air rushed against Dean and Giselle's skin, meanwhile, their car ran fast on a bridge over the chilly lake. The small waves on the water reflected the light of the evening sun as if they were made of diamonds. Dean glanced at the rearview mirror, and then at a woman, who sat in the passenger seat beside him. He watched her now and then, only to see her stared dreamily at the beautiful lake under the orange sky. Her hair flew back in a soft and slow motion as they danced in the breezy wind. She stuck one of her hands out for a few seconds to feel the cold breeze, and then smiled to herself, without realizing that the person next to her was silently observing her action. He fixed his dark brown sunglasses a little on the bridge of his nose as he pulled into the parking lot near the shore, which allowed them to get a better view of the lake.

"Why are we stopping? Aren't we going to visit Dr. Aldo?" She questioned abruptly as soon as the car came to a stop.

"We are, but I want to see the sunset with you first. It is never too late to go to his house, Giselle. I just needed to spend as much of my time as possible with you." He replied in a deep husky voice. All he wanted to do at that moment was to just sit and stare at her. He was not sure of how long, starting from tomorrow on until he would see her again. The event, which he was going to attend, would end up turning into a funeral for Stefano Angelo, the Raven clan's leader.

However, anything could go wrong and out of plan. Either losing his life or getting severely injured, Dean was afraid that he wouldn't get to meet Giselle for a much longer period than what he had expected.

He flashed her a tenderly smile, meanwhile, he locked his gaze on her. Every inch and part of her, he wished to remember it all. Her soft voice was like a melody of the lullaby to his ear. Her eyes were twinkling as if they were the stars that shine in the sky. His stomach churned at the thought of not being able to see her tomorrow. He tried to reassure himself that he had all of the time until tomorrow dawn. Unlike any other time, he felt like the twelve hours that he had left were too short for him to be able to hear her voice and the sound of her laughter.

When he caught her raised her brows at him in puzzled, Dean turned to blink a few times to clear his thought before he clicked a button under the car's screen to open up the roof of the car. The orange and the reddish sky revealed slowly above their heads at the same time that the natural wind brushed against their face.

"Woah, I didn't know that you can open up the roof too," Giselle mumbled in amaze while her dark brown glossy eyes shifted to stare at the sky above her. She pressed a button on the side of the leather seat to make her passenger seat lean backward. "This is so refreshing, Dean."

He didn't say anything besides leaning back against his seat and stared quietly at her direction. He smiled voluntarily when she pointed to the front of the car where they could see the sun was slowly setting into the water.

"Oh my god, this is so beautiful. Look at the sun! It's like it is sinking into the water!" She said.

He blinked once and then replied, "It is, indeed, very beautiful." It was not the breathtaking scenery that he was talking about, but it was a woman in front of him that he wanted to call her a beauty, the only goddess in his small world. Whether it was her appearance or her aura, he was not sure if they were the reasons to cause his heart to skip a beat in almost every minute that he was with her. The passion of the butterflies that had been flying inside of his stomach kept on fluttering tirelessly; it was driving him crazy because no matter what he did, there was nothing that seemed to let him able to contain his soft feeling for Giselle. In his head, it was filled with the sound of her laughter, and the image of her warm smile. Every single gesture and movement that she made, Dean couldn't help but try to memorize and burry them all within his heart.