Chapter 79

The black shiny car pulled into a stop in front of the casino entrance. After his driver opened the door for him, Dean stepped out of the car without any hesitation. He unbuttoned his collar in frustration as the boiling heat from the sun suffocated him. When he felt a drop of his sweat ran down from his hair and to his forehead, Dean decided to take off his blazer and threw it to one of his two followers. As he walked past the entrance glass door, the casino's air conditioner brushed immediately against his warm skin. He inhaled the cool air deeply before he began to roll up both of his sleeves to his elbow.

"Not on the floor. We're going to the back." His voice came out roughly as he strides across the gambling area. "Make sure the entire building is empty."

"Got it, boss." The two followers nodded quickly before they departed their way to check around the casino as instructed.

A large group of men in black walked toward Dean without a word. Their eyes were glued to their boss anticipatedly for any commands. Dean clenched his teeth when he felt a jolted pain from his deltoid. He closed his left hand into a fist when he felt his finger twitched due to the sharp pain. The men hurried to divide their way for their young master to walk through before following closely from behind.

Dean halted when he heard one of his men reported loudly. "Boss, they are here." He turned slightly as his large group of men began to spread out, allowing Dean to see another group marching towards him.

If at this moment, everyone chooses to betray me, it wouldn't be too difficult to kill me... Should I be grateful that most of the Cobra men still stand on my side? They're choosing to protect me. And, what about me? How could I think of leaving them for a woman? How can I be selfish if these people are standing here waiting for me to direct them? I am no different than their father... I shouldn't be taking their lives and dedications for granted... Right?

He thought while his eyes scanned all of the cobra men with sympathy. One part of him felt guilty and wrong for having the thought of leaving them for his own good. Even if he hated being a mafia, Dean couldn't just stand still and do nothing when problems arise inside the clan. Everyone was wearing black as usual. All of their facial expressions were cold and almost too similar to one another in an expressionless way to the point that Dean could no longer tell the good from the bad. They all looked the same under his sights.

I wondered if this is what my mother saw... Couldn't she tell that at least her son was not sharing the same mindset as everyone else in the mafia clan? Or, did she just make an assumption since I also looked just like the rest of them? Is this what she felt like?

When my father was here, I also viewed him as one of them. He was a monster in my eyes because there was never a day that he wouldn't hurt a single being... I couldn't understand him back then. But, I think I started to learn more about his mindset now...

Dean blinked once to clear his busy thought away the minute that the rebellious group came to a pause in front of him. His brows furrowed meanwhile his eyes switched from a soft gaze to a murderous one. "I hope I don't have to explain myself the reason why I demanded all of you to be here." His voice came out as serious as ever before. There was not a single being that dared to make a sound after his first sentence. Dean shook his head slightly and then took a step forward slowly. Those rebellious snakes stared back at him daringly, but Dean didn't flinch, not even a single bit. "It's nice to hear everyone's honest opinion and thoughts. At least, none of you keep all the shits to yourself."

"If you know it, then why are you still dragging time? Get to the damn point already, Mr. Dean Winchester." One of them who stood in the most front raised his voice aggressively.

Dean gritted his teeth to calm himself before he continued talking in a calm tone. "All I am asking for is for everyone's cooperation. Everyone who is standing here knew the fucking reason why we all are here. We are the Cobra family and that is what keeps us together. Just because my father is gone, it doesn't mean that the clan itself will fucking disappear or become any weaker."