Chapter 107

In just a blink of an eye, a week passed by without realizing it. Regardless of the times that flew by, the emotion of letting go was still challenging for Giselle. Things were not going as quite smoothly as they should have. Often time tears would just flood her eyes unconsciously. She wondered if her weakness brought a nuisance to Dean. Every time he tried to get intimate with her, she couldn't help but back away from his grasp. The loss of her family left her shattered in pieces. There was no spark of desire or hope in doing other things residing inside her. She noticed that Dean has been trying to give her space by not pushing her limit. He had offered her many things only to be rejected afterward. She realized that it may have been upsetting to him for the wall that she built but she couldn't bring herself up to make anything better.

However, unlike what she had expected, something about Dean began to catch her attention. Giselle was not sure what it was that suddenly started to make Dean return home faster than usual before the sun even set. At first, she didn't want to question him about what he had been doing out all day or what it was that drove him to come back to her faster. Wouldn't it mess up his work schedule? The last thing she ever wanted was to add more burdens to his shoulders. She did not want to make him take her as his sole responsibility. She did not want him to prioritize her less than the people that grew up with him, his group, the Cobra. There were too many lives that live under him. She did not want to ruin his management over them though she was afraid to find out regardless of her curiosity about their job.

Just the thought of him killing another man for the sake of her father puts her in a restless mode already. She didn't need to hear words of how he got rid of that culprit. Because when she heard him talk and described the scene and how it was done, it drew acid up her esophagus, triggering her gagging reflex. She knew that it was wrong of her to react to his action that way but it was nearly impossible for her to just look over it. She felt sick inside whenever she recalled the fact that he was a killer like those that killed her family. At the same time she felt wrong that she found it to be the right thing for Dean to do because whoever the culprits may be, they deserve that crucial death. For some reason, one part of her was grateful that someone like Dean could take revenge for her. If only she was given the same power as him, she would not have hesitated to commit the same crime. Of course, she knew it was sinful to feel grateful for having ill intentions, but for the people that you love, for your family, it was a justification in life.

In the middle of one night, she overheard Dean's conversation with someone on the phone. It shouldn't be any other than a Cobra man judging from the way he communicated. "I was already informed. Maybe the match will allow us to do what we needed to."

Giselle was not a hundred percent sure of what it was that they were discussing. But, she was sure as hell that she had to accompany him the next day. She wanted to see everything about him. She knew that whatever feeling she held towards him at the moment was not as pure as before. Doubts and guilt of being with him draw her into becoming prey with a dangerous curiosity. One part of her wanted to get involved in a world that she knew was not built for her. But the fact that those monsters took the life of her family slowly turned her into something that she was afraid she would become.

Of course, she was mad. Anger and temper crawled underneath her skin knowing how helpless it felt to be inferior and weak. Now that without her family, her concerns toward others in her life were reduced to almost zero. Her life didn't matter if it allowed her to seek power and protect the person she loved, Dean Winchester. She knew how her continuing to stay weak would end up ruining him just like how she had done to her family. If she could become just as strong mentally and emotionally, though not physically, compared to his men, at least Dean would have less to worry about.

The following day, in the unfamiliar building, Giselle sat on the sofa while gazing at Dean inside the meeting room through the glass walls. He looked mighty among everyone inside the room as he stood and speaks. His face was intensified and serious. It made her wonder what it was that he was lecturing his men. Could it be a strategy to better their business? Or, could it be a strategy to kill someone? She knew what a professional meeting was supposed to look like. But, this did not seem to resemble any one of them.