Chapter 39

Giselle picked up his blazer from the floor before she placed it onto the nearby sofa. And then, she made her way closer to Dean when she saw him was standing faced the window. She turned to look at him, who was shedding his tear quietly. While debating in her head whether to ask him or not, she raised her hand to place on his shoulder, to comfort him. She didn't know what made him cry. It was her second time seeing a man, who always acted ruthlessly and coldly on the outside, cried in front of her. 

He didn't bother to look at her besides yanking his arm away. "Get out." He said shortly meanwhile he was staring outside the window without a blink.

Giselle furrowed her brows when she didn't understand the reason why he kept telling her to go away. What did she even do wrong? She should be the one to tell him to go away, not him. While she watched him with pity, she decided to ask in a concerning tone of voice. "What's wrong? Do you need anyone to talk to?" The moment she realized what she had said, her heart started to flutter. She meant what she had said. Her worries towards him were from the bottom of her heart. Unfortunately, she didn't think that his feeling towards her would be the same as hers.

Dean wiped his tears away quickly as he turned to glare at her. Clenching his teeth, he asked her in a serious voice. "Is that so? Because if this is just a part of your duty, then you are more than welcome to leave." 

Giselle's eyes traveled down to his shirt that was stained by his own blood. She wanted to ask if it was hurting him. There were millions of questions that she wanted to ask to make sure that he was okay. The way he responded back to her caused her to become speechless for a few seconds. She didn't mean to make him understood her that way. Whatever she had said to him was just out of her emotion. She felt jealous and upset when she saw him was with another woman. She prayed that he and that woman had nothing with each other. Whenever she thought about their relationship, it only confused her even more. She was hoping that he didn't use her to just make that woman feel jealous. 

Her fluttering heart, inside her chest, was driving her crazy every time she encountered him. How could her heart betray her? Since when did she fall for a man like him? She blinked a few times as she tried to find words to reply. "It's not my duty. I am just worried-" She said weakly underneath her breath before he cuts her off abruptly. 

"If it was before, then maybe I would have believed you." He said softly as he glued his gaze on hers. "But, my point of view on you had changed completely. Ever since the day I found out, that you are Richard Chu's daughter, everything had changed." He walked towards the sofa while his shoulder brushed against hers purposely. 

Giselle turned to face his back in frustration when he brought up her father. She wanted to argue and explain to him, that what he had said wasn't true.

Dean continued on talking with a disappointment hidden inside of him. "If what you are doing for me is all apart of your father's plan, then you've succeeded." Dean paused in his step as he closed his hands into fists. "If you were other people, I would've killed you with my own hands. In the end, a fool like me still falls in your trap. Even when I knew that you are that bastard's daughter, an idiot like me still chose to save you on that day. I could've let you died, yet I managed to risk my own life, to just save a daughter of a man, who's destroyed my life."

Stepping closer to him, she asked in confusion, as tears warmed up her eyes. "What did I do wrong that made you think I deserved to die?" She blinked as a few more drops of tears ran down her cheeks. His words made it sound like she was at fault. She didn't even know any reason behind their problems. She had a lot of obstacles and pressures on her shoulders already. There was no need for someone to tell her that she should've died. She was grateful that he had saved her, but why did he have to say that he could've left her to death? Was she that worthless in his eyes?